Ranch Preview Suggestions, opinions, and thoughts

No intro because I suck at it. Also please don't make me do the math because I also suck at it. 

So there are34 major areas of the ranch version of the game that needs to be improved on. Most of them stemming from really previously good but now is actually bad balancing of the numbers. 

1)  The new geyser's are too slow and too unimpactful. 

Currently I am forced to use super ultra fast mode to see how good the new geyser's are. On top of that while they provide free resources, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too slow and far to little to justify their output. In real time it will take me about 12 ish hours to maybe see it activate from a 120 cycle dormancy. 

And I sincerely think it's a problem because it's neither engaging nor rewarding to wait for that long before we can see the result of our attempts to tame the geyser. 

2) Building power line is too costly. 

While not bad in and of itself, the increasing complexity of the game means that our wiring is steadily becoming a waiting game as we need to  wait to generate and build far more wiring compared to the initial release version of the game. 

In particular I think that the game needs to make advanced wiring cheaper or faster to make since it's not important for us to wait so long to make our stuff on top of all the other things that we also need to wait for. 

3) Patience is a virtue until it isn't fun, then it becomes boring. 

In general I think that Dupes needs to walk and work faster or more efficiently. With mroe things to do the wait time to set up, plan, and build increasingly more complicated and filled bases starts becoming far too much. At a glance there's the realyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long wait before we can even touch petroleum since digging and digging and setting up the forge and  the infrastructure to get the suits and fill the suits, and then we need to build the machines to process petroleum while also building the power system to power the process machines, more wires and more pipes and having to fix mistakes and you get the point. 

In general the wait time is becoming a problem since waiting is not fun. 

I wont disagree with point one, but I dont agree much with it either, the geysers might take longer to erupt etc, but its not like eevery single geyser takes the same amount of time,

Wiring hasnt changed in ranch preview that I am aware of, nor had dupes walking etc.

9 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

I wont disagree with point one, but I dont agree much with it either, the geysers might take longer to erupt etc, but its not like eevery single geyser takes the same amount of time,

Wiring hasnt changed in ranch preview that I am aware of, nor had dupes walking etc.

I think their point is that as the game gets more complex with each update, it gets more time and resource intensive to build out a base. With the occupational update, a whole new class of metal-intensive buildings was added, but the supply of metal and costs/processes to extract and refine it didn't change. So if you want to use sweepers and conveyors, that's huge new sink of time and resources.

Obviously automation can also save a lot of dupe effort, so it's not really so simple as that, but I get the idea. I agree that processing a huge volume of metal so my power lines can slowly crawl across the map is pretty tedious. Doubly so since I find laying out wiring to be tedious and un-fun in the first place. I just want to get the juice to my fancy new machines so they can start doing cool stuff, I don't care about carefully placing each individual length of wire and dealing with the rat's-nest of junctions and bridges that the wiring system seems to inevitably require.

The nerfs to the geysers are severe. I cant even power one natural gas gen constantly when I have 2 natural gas  geyser's. I used to be able to power 4 constantly with a burst of 2 more when the batteries started to run low. That's way too big of a nerf.

Archived