Oil to Petro without machines?

1 minute ago, MythN7 said:

at the to of the ladder there, i made a 2 tile thick abys roof with only 1 slot open for the ladder access.

those temp shift plates are diamond, heh.

when built this the oil was full up to the ceiling, why i have the temp plates there, was trying to heat the oil they were in.

well im trying to get lots of petro for plastics. i wanna build lots of tubes and ladders heh.

Another conversion you'll have to take into account is plastic into naptha. If you're starting to build with plastic it's quite easy to melt something accidentally.

Just now, onlineous said:

Another conversion you'll have to take into account is plastic into naptha. If you're starting to build with plastic it's quite easy to melt something accidentally.

yep, had my tube going thew the lake of hot water the steam gyser made melt it.  :(

Also had my traps for trying to move slicksters melt up.

I was playing with the tubes yesterday and I love them for going to and from sealed off areas with no door.

They seem to transfer 0 gas or fluid with the dup.

Just now, MythN7 said:

yep, had my tube going thew the lake of hot water the steam gyser made melt it.  :(

Also had my traps for trying to move slicksters melt up.

I was playing with the tubes yesterday and I love them for going to and from sealed off areas with no door.

They seem to transfer 0 gas or fluid with the dup.

Be sure to remember the crossings transfer quite a lot of heat, so the tubes are not really a good insulation. If you really want to insulate well, you need two tile crossings with a vacuum in between.

1 minute ago, onlineous said:

Be sure to remember the crossings transfer quite a lot of heat, so the tubes are not really a good insulation. If you really want to insulate well, you need two tile crossings with a vacuum in between.

ok, for my plan on them its not for temp shift areas.

I want to do it for protecting my entrance to the slime area.

Idea is to have 3 access points, the one in the middle will be sealed off air tight, sucked into a vacume first, then filled with clorene.

this is where ill keep my exo suit docks. 

Also, took me about 60 cycles to make enough plastic just to run ladders up the whole vertical span of my base on the 2 travel runs from the press running non stop.

If i can avoid having to keep a dup busy on that refinery will be awsome.

well ill have to back to before and try this again with this new knowledge, cause I prob now have enough natural gas to run power till the end of time.

cause about 300 squares worth of oil were turned to petro, and i realized to late it all was turning to gas at the same time cause i went overboard on my heat transfer, the whole room i made as the pit for the petro / oil converting is 400-500C

the oil at the bottom that is left is very close to 400 C and its not even touching the lava lol.

5 minutes ago, MythN7 said:

ok, for my plan on them its not for temp shift areas.

I want to do it for protecting my entrance to the slime area.

Idea is to have 3 access points, the one in the middle will be sealed off air tight, sucked into a vacume first, then filled with clorene.

this is where ill keep my exo suit docks. 

Also, took me about 60 cycles to make enough plastic just to run ladders up the whole vertical span of my base on the 2 travel runs from the press running non stop.

If i can avoid having to keep a dup busy on that refinery will be awsome.

That might actually prove to be quite difficult. The main problem is that you can't reliable pump > 300 degrees Celcius petroleum without killing your pump. And that makes it hard to control the transferred heat. You might want to look into automated doors. I've seen someone do something with 3 doors, and two vacuums in between with tempshift plates in the vacuums. The middle door needs to be closed for the two tempshift plates too connect and tranfer heat. 

Archived