conveyor rail threw solid block gas effect

Just now, Neotuck said:

same thing happens if you keep the rail submerged in liquid or air pressure over 1.8K

ya, but i would like to know if this is a intended aspect, or if its an exploit that they will correct at some point.

I dont like to use exploits until I know how to correctly manage how its meant to be done.

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

I think this is intended after all if they could keep emitting gas inside solids or if pressure was unlimited then you would have a lot of wall/ground breaking in the game

right, but in theory, the blocks have been customized to have a hollow section for the rail.

so even if its so tight that gas could not move, germs would still corroded the inside of the block, making it so when you smash it up in the future it would stink up the place.

Just now, MythN7 said:

right, but in theory, the blocks have been customized to have a hollow section for the rail.

so even if its so tight that gas could not move, germs would still corroded the inside of the block, making it so when you smash it up in the future it would stink up the place.

That's possible but until we are told otherwise I'm going to assume it's not an exploit and enjoy not having to deal with leaking PO

Just now, Neotuck said:

That's possible but until we are told otherwise I'm going to assume it's not an exploit and enjoy not having to deal with leaking PO

awesome, ya, im glad to, just what i was looking for, if it was actually confirmed as planned mechanic or not. 

One thing that would be super awesome is if the conveyor had a component like the ore scrubber, but with an input and output rail node, so the ore going threw would get sanitized.

8 minutes ago, MythN7 said:

awesome, ya, im glad to, just what i was looking for, if it was actually confirmed as planned mechanic or not. 

One thing that would be super awesome is if the conveyor had a component like the ore scrubber, but with an input and output rail node, so the ore going threw would get sanitized.

You can approximate this effect by running the rail through a room of chlorine.

1 minute ago, Luminite2 said:

I was about to say the same thing, had made a radiator though chlorine from a morb/puft farm and had nice germ free slime

Just now, Luminite2 said:

yep, just doing that now as a test before I reload and build it nicely.

I wonder if its better to make the room around un cut bleach stone, or if its better to cut it down and put it in a compactor that is in a much smaller room instead.

Just now, MythN7 said:

yep, just doing that now as a test before I reload and build it nicely.

I wonder if its better to make the room around un cut bleach stone, or if its better to cut it down and put it in a compactor that is in a much smaller room instead.

As long as you keep the chlorine air pressure above 1.8k so the slime doesn't leak PO.  Note that the amount of germs determines how long the slime needs to be in the chlorine to be clean so it will take some trial and error to find the right size that works for you

Just now, Neotuck said:

As long as you keep the chlorine air pressure above 1.8k so the slime doesn't leak PO.  Note that the amount of germs determines how long the slime needs to be in the chlorine to be clean so it will take some trial and error to find the right size that works for you

ya, so far ive been keeping about 100kg of bleachstone in a storage I keep my slime in.

the germs die so fast its sick. but my struggle was keeping the clorene and PO out of the base when in transit to this box.

Archived