UI: Allow 1-9 keys to set priority of task if it's the next key press

Hello,

I've read priority system is getting looked at so maybe this is already planned / going to be obsolete...

Extremely simple thing to implement in my novice programmer brain.

If I click to start a task like dig, prioritize, sweep, etc. and my next key press is 1-9, use that to set the job's priority instead of opening the associated build menu.

Edit: This should also probably include pressing 1-9 after selecting a building to place to change construction priority.  To save using the prioritize tool immediately afterwards.

I.E.

• Click sweep, press 8 -> Set priority of sweep tool to 8 before I drag it around.
  • Click sweep, press 8, press 8 again -> Priority was set to 8 the first time, but the second one is now opening the medicine window, I guess

As I write this post I now realize this may better serve in the bug tracker...

This feature appears to exist for only prioritize, sweep, mop, and maybe disinfect but the 1-9 bar doesn't appear.

This currently functions as I'd like only if the mouse is off of any of the UI elements.  Probably why I didn't notice in the first place.  Still doesn't include dig.

x10

Using 1-9 to open building categories is of little to no use if you can't select a building with keyboard and you need to move the mouse cursor there anyway.

In a context when a tool or building is already selected, 1-9 should set the priority.

I would even opt to use 1-9 to select the priority tool and set it to chosen number if no tool/building is already selected.

To select a building with keyboard, there could be another hotkey "Build", then letters to select a building and then 1-9 for priority.

Build - Base - Tile - Priority 7: B-B-T-7
Build - Medicine - Sink: B-M-S
Build - Ventilation - Pipe: B-V-P
Build - Ventilation - Pump: B-V-U
etc.

Letters would be shown on icons.

To get out of the context: Esc
Build - Plumbing - Errr - Build - Ventilation - Pipe: B-P-Esc-B-V-P

Perhaps even
Build - Plumbing - Pipe - Granite - Priority 7: B-P-P-G-7 and also B-P-P-7-G

This works 10x faster than any pointing and clicking with the mouse.

Archived