How to code a new science machine (prototyper) with unique tabs? needs your help

Hi there, I have the idea of creating a brand new prototyper with new tabs and items. 

I tried reading the "scienceprototyper.lua" but couldn't understand it well and was confused with some concept including "component("prototyper")", "techtree", "parent.prefab == "researchlab2"" and "return createmachine(......)". 

Related files: [scienceprototyper.lua] [researchlab2_pod.lua] [researchlab2_pod_alt.lua] [techtree.lua] and [tuning.lua]. (All under script.zip)

I guess I need help with understanding the relations among these code files and how they work. Or maybe someone who has previous experience with prototypers could show me a path through? Or is there an existing mod that does something similar?

Any piece of help would be appreciated.

Regards,

you can check this post, or seach "How to make custom tech tree" in forum.

But as far as I know, this custom tech trees, are almost silmilar. they always has a bug as it' been a long time ago when it was made, but I don't know how to fix it as I was not good at code.

The bug is that, you can't make sculpture near the sculpture table, that means you can't get the shadow atrium... you can use one mod to test.

Hope you can find the solution. Good luck.

14 hours ago, DMC6 said:

you can check this post, or seach "How to make custom tech tree" in forum.

But as far as I know, this custom tech trees, are almost silmilar. they always has a bug as it' been a long time ago when it was made, but I don't know how to fix it as I was not good at code.

The bug is that, you can't make sculpture near the sculpture table, that means you can't get the shadow atrium... you can use one mod to test.

Hope you can find the solution. Good luck.

Wow! This is super helpful! Thanks a ton! Going to write some bugs lol.