"Jobs" should be "Education"

As far as I understand, dupes get their stats upgraded by doing their assigned jobs.But after mastery we can change the job and the stats remain.We can already assign who can do dig, cook vs before the latest upgrade.I think that was enough for job preferance.This occupations makes things mixed up.Devs should change the "Jobs" tab to "education" or that kind of thing in my opinion.So dupes can still do another jobs as well and still get their stats upgraded by "education".The "Jobs Board" can be some education thing, I don't know maybe school or lab or something.By getting educated dupes get experience and level up their stats like jobs mastery thing.

5 hours ago, boyvat said:

dupes get their stats upgraded by doing their assigned jobs

They get them by doing anything, even sleeping. Doing job-related tasks gives more "experience" but usually it's better to let them do more of less exp-rewarding tasks than less of more exp-rewarding and more running.

Yes, jobs are more like training than occupations at the moment. It may change in future releases, though.

Archived