Reverse Osmosis Filter suggestion

I like the idea that’s been floating around that you should use chlorine gas to purify water, like in chlorine swimming pools. Though no one has suggested how to separate the two into clean water and create bleach stone. I suggest using the concept known as osmosis.

The basic knowledge of osmoses is where a medium is stuck in high pressure area, the medium filters by finding a new area with lower a pressure.

Coal already in the game and in IRL is used in many filtration system, like concept of osmosis.

If chlorine water is producible in game you will have be able to separate the two with coal.

I suggest something like the Rock Granulator to produce the coal filtration medium.

Two concepts of separation

Machine active

• requires a coal flirtation medium
  • Uses fairly large amount power
  • Produces bleach stone
  • Produces clean water

Passive

Using the coal filtration medium as consumable walk-able tile. Works by forcing large amount of water pressure next to the tile, only then it will leak clean water. Similar to how tiles crack and break under pressure then leaks liquids, in game. With the coal tile it would produce a small amount of clean water, but still require dupes to feed the tile, with the filtration medium, as if the dupe would repair a broken tile.

I hope my suggestion would help the developers and introduce more “germs” like water-based pathogens.

Filtration medium would be "active coal" or "activated coal".

Passive: Instead of being a tile I guess it could be a building that can be walked on like doors. It should produce polluted dirt that would appear above it or on the dirty side of it. Active coal could be supplied from both sides.

Archived