Replacing Wires for old ones

So I recently started playing again and I had my entire colony run on the older wires and when I had finally completed the research for heavier gauge wire, I found that I have to deconstruct the old wire before placing a new one. Maybe for an update, could you make it to where if you place a wire on top of an already wire occupied tile, it will automatically set it to where the blueprint is there and the destruction of the old wire is queued. Thanks! 

It would be nice to have this as generic feature - when something can't be placed because an already existing building is in the way, the player can place it e.g. with Alt+click and then the obstructing building is scheduled for deconstruct before the new one is built.

2 hours ago, Kasuha said:

It would be nice to have this as generic feature - when something can't be placed because an already existing building is in the way, the player can place it e.g. with Alt+click and then the obstructing building is scheduled for deconstruct before the new one is built.

This

Well, wires replacement was removed because of bug - vanishing material on wire replace, right now its fixed for tiles but not for wire, so wires cannot be replaces, it seems, because material vanish was not fixed for wires.

Archived