I'm not sure, but this has probably been discussed ad nauseum, BUT....

Can't we get a hotfix that makes dupes favor tasks related to their jobs that are at the same priority as other tasks?  Getting a dupe to provide algae to the deoxydizer is really ridiculous.  Everyone in my colony is suffocating even though the deoxydizer is set at a nine they are still building and digging things at a 9.

Also, can we get a tooltip on the jobs checklist that plainly lists what errands pertain to specific tasks?  What falls into operate, tidy etc.

I know the 1-5* priority was not what everyone liked but I feel we need some sort of happy medium eith the 1-9 priority plus dupes favoring errands related to their assigned jobs.

24 minutes ago, MasterShake2003 said:

they are still building and digging things at a 9.

No matter what fix Klei invents, it won't work if you override it and prevent it from working. If you're designating dig and build jobs at 9 outside of an emergency, you're doing things wrong.

Though from what I recall, dupes are supposed to have +1 to priority of the errands their job favors. If it doesn't work for 9 priority, this could be a bug.

59 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

No matter what fix Klei invents, it won't work if you override it and prevent it from working. If you're designating dig and build jobs at 9 outside of an emergency, you're doing things wrong.

Though from what I recall, dupes are supposed to have +1 to priority of the errands their job favors. If it doesn't work for 9 priority, this could be a bug.

This was still occuring with everything non-essential designated at a 5.  I usually have my O2 and food mushers on a 7, power at a 9.  This is early game, like pre cycle 50.  I tried lowering everything to a 5 and left the O2 at a nine and they still would pass it when algae was right there on the floor.

But you're right, and I rarely use 9.  Most essential tasks are set at 7 or 8 with 9 left for emergencies.  This was a particular situation where my base was flooding with polluted water and it had been 2 or 3 cycles since the O2 received any algae.  Had someone designated a gofer.  They supplied the build emergency then went idle.

I had the exact same issue with the algae delivery. I started a new game, had only 3 dupes and even though I put everything else at 5 and the O2 at 9, they ignored it and walked past it for a good 5-10 minutes. I had to cancel everything else and set stuff to 1 for them to FINALLY supply the algae. I even had a Gofer but he did everything else instead.  The same issue happened for my cook... He ignored the food so I had to untick everything and just make him cook before he decided to do so.

3 hours ago, MasterShake2003 said:

I tried lowering everything to a 5 and left the O2 at a nine and they still would pass it when algae was right there on the floor. Had someone designated a gofer.  They supplied the build emergency then went idle.

That looks like a bug. I might have gotten a similar one, but with vitamins instead of algae - dupes would ignore 3 specific vitamin items until I saved+loaded.

Do you still have that save? If you do, it might fix itself next time you load it. If it doesn't, it sounds like a good idea to report it and attach the save.

7 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

That looks like a bug. I might have gotten a similar one, but with vitamins instead of algae - dupes would ignore 3 specific vitamin items until I saved+loaded.

Do you still have that save? If you do, it might fix itself next time you load it. If it doesn't, it sounds like a good idea to report it and attach the save.

Will do.  I plan to mess around a bit more and see if I can replicate the issue and if so, I'll make a report.

5 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

They don't anymore. On the contrary, priorities got flattened, there seems to be no priority difference between at least deliveries, digs, and builds (and I assume this applies to everything else) so within a priority level, duplicants will do anything that's closest to them.

Archived