Unmetered manual shutoff valves for gas and water.

I know we already have this functionality built in to two devices - but these would work like the power shut off switch - just install them on the line to shut them off. No messes made while restructuring lines. Gas is less of an issue, but water can be tricky. This always requires making a mess.

Then there's how to handle a shut off valve on a junction of three or more pipes...hmm.

45 minutes ago, Steelflame said:

Would be lovely when adjusting pipe networks, I agree.   As is you gotta already have a valve in place before you laid down the pipework, which sort of defeats the purpose.

I know right, I've gotten used to 4-way supplies and just setting the water valves up, but it's such a mess. The whole issue is that anything with a green outlet on it will push gas or water down the line away from it, so I can usually get all the water out of long a line but I still end up making a mess somewhere.

Lately the strategy has been to simply disable the source and empty the line in question and then install the appropriate valve - which can often take time and may end up causing some building to lose functionality. Since we have no 'presence detecting' automation pipes, i can't automate the shutoff quite like I would like to, but I'm still fooling with solutions for multi sourced supply lines.

slightly off topic, but I think the line-push mechanics should stay - they're fun and weird and quirky - I like setting up large loops on machines like the hydrogen generator...5a7fcea33bf49_20180205211403_1(2).thumb.jpg.7da382a3a10799a97bc02b13b12b0599.jpg

obviously line priority rendered the valve there useless, but hydrogen keeps circulating, merging packets from the supply and passing quality sized packets by the generator so that it doesn't seize or stutter on little stuff.

On the topic of Hydrogen generators, turns out the Smart Battery makes them so much better, because it lets you automate the enable/disable of it.  Battery at 100%?  Go into standby.  Battery hits 50%?  Turn back on, having lost no Hydrogen in the process.

I actually have issues with my hydrogen supply backing up my system now.

3 hours ago, Steelflame said:

On the topic of Hydrogen generators, turns out the Smart Battery makes them so much better, because it lets you automate the enable/disable of it.  Battery at 100%?  Go into standby.  Battery hits 50%?  Turn back on, having lost no Hydrogen in the process.

I actually have issues with my hydrogen supply backing up my system now.

Finally getting auto on the coal generator was nice - since I can't get my dupes to reliably fill these ( fully ), I now have two where there was once just one - less heat since the overall production is controlled by battery state as well. Loving all the little changes they've made.

Still wish there was a pinch valve- just something that can be dropped right on the pipes, etc.

Archived