Help me please!

Sorry to bother anyone who reads this.

I have been playing this game since I get to know of its existance and that you could actually get the test version, but I never really understood the Oil and the automation updates, and I believe it's really necesarry to progres further in the game.
Could someone give me tips or advise on how to use this, and how to be able to get and use oil? Because no matter what I do I´m never able to get to it without getting duplicants sick or actually dying some of them.

Thank's in advance

getting to oil usually requires exosuit if you want to keep your dupes healthy.  As to using it, it depends on what you want out of it.  Plastic needs a lot of power and a lot of cooling.  Boiling for petrol and gas needs lots of power and lots of heating. You really need a developed base before worrying about oil.  Imo at least.

57 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

getting to oil usually requires exosuit if you want to keep your dupes healthy.  As to using it, it depends on what you want out of it.  Plastic needs a lot of power and a lot of cooling.  Boiling for petrol and gas needs lots of power and lots of heating. You really need a developed base before worrying about oil.  Imo at least.

Thank you, actually I believed I never have been able to use oil because I never had an advanced base, and you just confirm it, thank you.

Curing sickness is difficult: aim to prevent it instead.  Quarantine your outhouses behind washbasins and build an airtight sewer for compost bins and a bottle emptier for germy/polluted water. 

*Never* pierce a slime biome until you've got at least one deodorizer and a proper airlock (a carbon sink, water lock, or a 2x4 mechanical airlock) between you and it. If you have to travel through it, dig out and replace with tiles any slime within 2 tiles of your corridor (slime can expand into neighbouring tiles), and move the infested slime to a quarantine area or a chlorine pocket. Store bleach stone in the same compactor.

The automation stuff can provide plenty of useful things even without plastic: it makes germ sterilizers, (unpowered) vaccum-sealed airlocks and self-powering electrolyzer setups possible. But while that stuff's neat and useful, you don't need it to reach oil.

Archived