[Suggestion] Room Type: Laboratory

44 minutes ago, Ilmu011 said:

You know. Just an extra room type for research to maybe get a little bonus to research speed.

Research in ONI is still flat. Most players make pressure, to research anything at the beginning of a game and then deconstruct science stuff. Klei has to add a reason to keep it, before they add a room for it. Gameplay issue..

As it stands, the research speed has been pushed back considerably and due to the new costs to make anything and the lowered amount of metals you gain from mining. You are lucky to finish a research tier by day 200 at this rate. I think a room like this would help out a lot.

???  I tend to finish research on the current patch around cycle 50-60 generally.   Are you specificly grabbing a single dedicated research dupe who has high Learning?  If not, that is your problem, not that there isn't a dedicated room for it.

I have been using a single dupe, but the lack of them wanting to stick with it has really hampered me. I have even disassociated their work options and yet they still want to sneak off to smoke or at least it feels that way. Ha ha.

Currently running with few dupes to limit what I have to deal with food wise. Trying things from the beginning to test things out. Maybe I had a bad seed since I had no actual metal until cycle 4...

4 hours ago, Tallaaron76 said:

I have been using a single dupe, but the lack of them wanting to stick with it has really hampered me. I have even disassociated their work options and yet they still want to sneak off to smoke or at least it feels that way. Ha ha.

Currently running with few dupes to limit what I have to deal with food wise. Trying things from the beginning to test things out. Maybe I had a bad seed since I had no actual metal until cycle 4...

Most people don't start up science the first day or 2 anyway, there are more important foundations to get in place during those early days.  Day one is pretty much dedicated to getting your lavatory set up, day 2 is starting to get some food/air setup going so that you don't have to deal with a panic attack later when you realize that you didn't really set up your base to support a dupe population, so that means day 3 tends to be when science starts really being looked at.

If you actually start with a very high science dupe among your starting pool (8 is the limit) you can get up to +320% starting research speed.  Throw on the scientist job, and that is 10 science, which means your starting dupe is running a 4x speed multiplier on that research.

Archived