Create water from oxygen and hydrogen.

I think it would be really nice to be able to pump hydrogen and oxygen together to create water. This would help make bases more sustainable. More often I will end my bases because I run out of water, and cant find some in any reasonable distance. It would make a really cool mechanic to balance out oxygen production and consumption to create water. I imagine it would also take lots of power! I hope you will consider my suggestion

Water is the only source of hydrogen in the game AFAIK, so you'd be turning water into hydrogen and oxygen and these then back to water.

If you run out of water, you probably need to reduce its use and find a steam geyser or two.

As Kasuha said, the only sustained source of Hydrogen is electrolizing water.  The hydrogen pockets you find in the Caustic biome are not that large and wouldn't sustain much of a production of water even if you assumed a 10-1 ratio, let alone the fact that it would be for every 1000g tile of Hydrogen you'd only get roughly 9kg of water.  AKA less than 1/1000th of a tile of water.  All of the caustic biome put together may net you.... 20 tiles of water?  Like the Hydrogen isn't even worth the effort of pumping to a dedicated hydrogen generator purely for all of the natural world gen hydrogen

Archived