Any chance for Alga farm?

I really like the use of alga. I think its ecological, green, a potential source of food (maybe in the future?).. 

but the moment the consume all the alga and slime there's no way to renew it.

Any chance to farm it anyway? maybe a special water farm tile could be awesome... with the use of light or something like that ;)

26 minutes ago, Sanshi85 said:

but the moment the consume all the alga and slime there's no way to renew it.

It can be renewed using the distiller, it converts slime into polluted water and algae, slime can be created from Pufts, so a puft farm can, albeit it painfully renew your algae I am unsure of how much algae you go through so it might not be enough to sustain a colony.

46 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

It can be renewed using the distiller, it converts slime into polluted water and algae, slime can be created from Pufts, so a puft farm can, albeit it painfully renew your algae I am unsure of how much algae you go through so it might not be enough to sustain a colony.

Well... thats a really slow process :) I don't like to count on the fauna of ONI... and since it is a plant after all, to me it makes sense. 

On 2/7/2018 at 7:09 AM, BlueLance said:

correct, but plants also absorb Co2, these do not unless its in a terrarium, its best to think that this algae is different from real world algae at the moment. they just share the same name

You’re very correct the co2 to oxygen relationships is broken in ONI the only things that follow it are dupes and terrariums as for other things ie plants coal generation and hydrogen generators they do not that’s why I personally don’t think fire will work in this game.

@Sanshi85 yes you can actually make a sustainable slime and algae farm even easier now with conveyors with the combination of puffs and morbs (best if in confined space) you can effectively make slime in bulk more than enough for a base you can even use conveyors to automatically feed deoxydisers and dusk caps.

I think that they will make fire act more like germs than like fire, Where a tile will go on fire and burn x amount of grams per second, if there are tiles nearby that are also flammable they light up as well. This means that oxygen isnt needed (But maybe they will make it that it cannot occur without oxygen), or pressure etc.

Archived