Hi,

Please provide us with a blueprint import/export system. Here's the user stories:

• As a colony owner I want a multi-selection mode so that I can copy and paste the selection as mass-build instructions on the map.
  • As a colony owner I want to save a selection as a named blueprint, so that I can reuse it later from a menu.
  • As a colony owner I want to be able to export/share/import blueprints with other colony owners.
  • As a guy who knows how to use notepad++.exe I want to have the blueprint files in a human readable format like json or yaml so that I can edit them offline.

And while I'm here,

• As a colony owner I want to change the material of a build item job after placing so that I do not have to cancel the build then have to go through the menu scrolling and material selection flow again before placing it.
  • As a colony owner, I want to move a selected build item job using Shift-WSAD or similar key combinations, if I am not happy with the location, so that I do not have to cancel the build then have to go through the menu scrolling and material selection flow again before placing it.

My bet is that if blueprints got added, they would use YAML format, as that is how the debug building sharing works. 

I agree that blueprints should be in the game.  I feel most of the work is done with copy-paste in the game on debug.  You can even export structures and share them in YAML format.  I would like to see a non-debug equivalent where you place the structure and they go off and try to build it.

Archived