Don't mine over queued tiles/minor alert.

Don't mine over queued tiles till the supply brings the materials. Mining out hallways talks much longer because miners mine out the walkway and sometimes falls into a pit and gets trapped.

A minor alert for when dupes can't reach beds/bathroom would be nice. (not just a soundless white alert)

I never got my duplicants stuck despite the pre-delivery digging in my recent playthrough, I almost thought devs did something in their AI about it. But I guess they can still get trapped.

I think it would help if pre-delivery digging was disabled for tiles that duplicants can step on, such as walls, ladders, poles, or wire/tube transit tiles. There's usually no problem pre-digging a machine since dupes will not be able to step on it when it's done anyway. And even for the "steppable" tiles, it could just be bound to delivery of that "solid" object, not for other wires or pipes over the same tile.

1 hour ago, The Plum Gate said:

I generally take the priority up or down a notch on tiles that have to be dug over a pit.

I don't want to lower the priority of the walk way being built, I just don't want it to be dug out before it is ready to be built.

Archived