Restrooms in Medbays

4 minutes ago, Ilmu011 said:

My duplicants use restrooms in Medbays quite casually alongside the ones in the "normal" bathroom. Why? I suppose the restrooms in the medbay only to be used by sick duplicants.

You can just disable them. Lavatories (or outhouses) and mess tables in medbays don't have to be functional or even reachable to count as being there for the purpose of getting medbay bonus.

Just now, Saturnus said:

You can just disable them. Lavatories (or outhouses) and mess tables in medbays don't have to be functional or even reachable to count a being there for the purpose of getting medbay bonus.

I know, I am doing this right now. But I find it quite inelegant.

Just now, Ilmu011 said:

I know, I am doing this right now. But I find it quite inelegant.

Indeed. I find it quite annoying too since the lavatory specifically states it is for the medbay so why can dupes that aren't currently actively using the medbay use the rest rooms? Until that quirk is resolved disabling them is the better option in my opinion.

For the medbay, I tend to only allow "the doctor" to go into the medbay, and restrict access for everyone else.  If someone gets sick, I change the door access so they can enter but not leave.  I guess this solution isn't very elegant, and the doctor can still use the bathroom.  Then again he is a doctor--maybe he should get his own bathroom!

Archived