I've Plan to rent VPS Server , What's spec requirement for Dedicated Servers ?

Hello @kruger, welcome to the forums. Afaik, these are the latest rundown of Requirements for DST: Don't Starve Together System Requirements. That article was last edited on Oct 6, 2017 and quite a handful of game updates has been pushed through since then so also consider that when you make your decisions. With regards to details on internet speed, I suggest conversing with players/members who run their own Dedicated Servers. Look through steam groups that have their own server setups and confer the basics from the moderators of such groups.

Be informed though, that a whole lot of different variables affects player ping connection and such so do go over this Klei Article: Network and Performance Troubleshooting Guide just so you have a more fuller understanding on pings and such.

Good luck, cheers.

I'd recommend AT LEAST one core per world, best to have one or two more for the OS to run on and other background processes as well. Higher clockspeeds/singlecore performance are what you want.

RAM depends mostly on the OS. For a Windows OS (Which is very rare though) you have to calculate at least 2gb RAM by itself, for a Linux system I'd say 512mb RAM for the OS itself, 64Mb/player is pretty acurate, don't forget you need some RAM to host the world itself as well though. More ram helps to swap less, too little RAM causes severe performance issues.

Internet speeds should be more than fast enough on any rentable VPS, since they are hosted from datacenters.

Keep in mind with a VPS you are sharing CPU time with other users, so performance might vary and even suffer during high load times on the datacenter.

Just based off my recent experiences using a Vultr VPS to host a Ubuntu VM, I needed at least 2GB RAM to run both caves and forest without caves shutting down from time to time so it looks like those recommended specs are a bit on the light side (have they been updated since caves were introduced?)

I understand Ubuntu isn't the most lightweight of distros but just looking at the processes in SSH you could see both forest and caves taking around 42% each (total ~84%) of that 1GB of ram with just one player and no mods.

Archived