Priority automation switch

While trying hard not to die in the Square Tube Challenge (not sure of the name - was presented in the latest stream), I noticed one thing: People work most of the time on wheel to fuel the tube starting point. Which means they do not work on other things at all, unless you perfectly fine tune the priority (and I really mean perfectly here).

To help and it could become an idea, I would introduce in the automation a new switch that would update the priority of buildings connected to it based the other switchs. For example, a Algua Deoxidizer could increase from 5 to 7 if the air pressure gets too low. Or the prioritu could be higher during the morning and lower at the end of the day using a clock sensor (really great for sweeping tasks).

Only an idea. I just hope I am not the only one who would love that kind of thing :)

In that case, I want them to continue working. Just not take the lead in priority over the rest all day long.

Maybe I want my cook to produce mass food for the first half of day and then work on something else first. Maybe I want the wheels to be priority one in the last quarter so the batteries are full to hold during the night to come.

Those are examples, maybe not the best but still examples...

Archived