How frenetic is the game?

I'm considering picking it up as it's on sale, and I'm a huge fan of Don't Starve. I play games to relax, so I want to know if this is one that can be played at my own pace (or even has pause functionality). Or is this one that requires constant quick responses?

Hey,
Don't Starve, you can't leave the game unpaused. Here with ONI, sometimes i launch lot of order, a i quite the PC for 30 min' or 1h. Game save auto every cycle but the most i've got was 2 or 3 dead for 1hours of AFK. So don't worry, it's a chilly Game. Take your time. Nothing is urgent ( except if one of your guys is stuck somewhere).
If you like DS, you should take it ;)
Look at some video to better understand the speed of the game ( and YES we can pause the game)
go see, brothger, Grind this Game, Biffa, Blitz Hello Lacy, ... many other ;)

It's worth noting that the pause button doesn't just pause the game, it stops time while allowing you to issue orders, change job priorities, or do any other in-game management activities.

So, yeah: any time you think things are moving too quickly, you can just stop time and sort things out.

Start small, grow slow, dont take everything thats offered, or every one.  You can reject to do anything the way the game is designed and go about building a system to do that same thing in a completely different way.  Its like being able to sandbox those  crazy contraptions we always wanted to build as a kid

It's great, it's got an ultra fast speed, a medium speed, a slow speed, a pause speed, and if pausing isn't  slow enough for ya, you can just build 4,000 meal lice plants at which point the game runs so slowly that you start to go backwards in time, but don't worry, there's some bug with thermal transfer so your computer will melt in the Renaissance trapping you there forever, at which point with your puny modern immune system you'll instantly catch smallpox and die screaming.  Talk about outbreak update, for real.

Archived