Diseasea - Infected Ocean Worldgen Mod

Have you ever wanted to live in a pineapple, under the sea?

Would you reconsider if the sea was teeming with highly infectious bacterial life that desires nothing more than the subjugation, vomiting and death of all duplicants?

If not, this is the mod for you!

During world-gen it spawns a massive ocean of lukewarm polluted water above the spawn point, thoroughly infected with food poisoning germs. Spires of slime, algae and a variety of other valuable materials rise from the sea floor, making it vaguely worthwhile to tap into. Also, I can't promise it won't steal your steam and natural gas geysers from other biomes.

Spoiler

vuKgJoe.jpg

To install, unzip the attached file and Merge the "worldgen" folder in the zip file it with the "worldgen" folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\. It won't overwrite anything: these are all brand new files

Then, just pick the Diseasea option from the new game menu.

EUkQPGE.png

This isn't an 'official mod', just something I threw together for my own amusement. It's provided as-is, and may well stop working with the next update.

The *.yaml files are just text files that won't even be called if you don't pick the Diseasea option during worldgen, but if you want to be completely safe, go ahead and take a backup of your save files in My Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files before you install it.

Diseasea.zip

Archived