Friend Can't Connect

My friend automatically disconnects, I think it's because the server is trying to load him into a world that doesn't exist. Is there a way to delete his save file so he can come in at day one?

This is what the log says:

[00:32:29]: Client authenticated: (KU_856h49_k) Haruka
[00:32:29]: [Steam] SendUserConnectAndAuthenticate for '76561198046658700'
[00:32:30]: [Steam] Authenticated client '76561198046658700'
[00:32:31]: [Shard] Read save location file for (KU_856h49_k)
[00:32:31]: [Shard] Forwarding player to (1451123933)
[00:32:31]: [Shard] Player KU_856h49_k trying to migrate to an unknown or not-ready world ((1451123933))
[00:32:31]: [Shard] Failed to initiate migration for a player forward.
[00:32:31]: CloseConnectionWithReason: ID_DST_USER_CONNECTION_FAILED
[00:32:31]: [Steam] SendUserDisconnect for '76561198046658700'
[00:32:31]: [Shard] (KU_856h49_k) disconnected from [SHDMASTER](1)

Please help! 

It looks like you have a multishard server set up, probably a overworld and a caves one, and your friend is inside the caves, even though they are not connected/started up. Before deleting his save I'd try to properly connect the caves world again. I have no idea what your setup looks like, so I can't really help you more specific here.

If you still want to delete your friend's save go into <your save folder>/<cluster name>/Master/save/session/<cryptic number>/ and delete the folder with your Friend's ID. (Do a backup before just to make sure you have a fallback in case something goes wrong.)

On 12/31/2017 at 4:12 AM, Daniel86268 said:

It looks like you have a multishard server set up, probably a overworld and a caves one, and your friend is inside the caves, even though they are not connected/started up. Before deleting his save I'd try to properly connect the caves world again. I have no idea what your setup looks like, so I can't really help you more specific here.

If you still want to delete your friend's save go into <your save folder>/<cluster name>/Master/save/session/<cryptic number>/ and delete the folder with your Friend's ID. (Do a backup before just to make sure you have a fallback in case something goes wrong.)

Yeah we connected a different caves server, he’s stuck inside my old caves server because we had a corrupt save file. There’s actually a few people who can’t connect because they logged out in the caves that got deleted.

What is their cryptic number? I went into the session files and there’s a lot of files that start with “A7”. I’m assuming all those files are different people who’ve joined my server? 

15 hours ago, Skelly Bones said:

Yeah we connected a different caves server, he’s stuck inside my old caves server because we had a corrupt save file. There’s actually a few people who can’t connect because they logged out in the caves that got deleted.

What is their cryptic number? I went into the session files and there’s a lot of files that start with “A7”. I’m assuming all those files are different people who’ve joined my server? 

You are correct, those "A7xxx" are the correct folders for the people who joined your server. To find out who is your friend you can just go into the individual folders and open one of the files inside with a text editor. It should open as a huge text file with a readable header and a ton of unreadable stuff. You can find the inventory, skins, etc in the header with which you can find out who's save file it is. A good way to find out who it is is tracking down the player head skin, which should look like this (for example): "skin_name="webber_shadow"" Which is a Webber character with the shadow skin. If you both have exactly the same char with exactly the same skins you can find out according to your inventories, or the last login day. (the highest number used as file name.)

Archived