Storage Issues: Potential diapparing items

Hello.  I was wondering if anyone knew if there is any mechanic in the game stopping us from simply putting two storage containers side by side on sweep only and simply dumping them when they are full, thus supposedly allowing for infinite storage in a finite space.

I ask because I implemented it, and around 200 cycles later, all my copper ore appears to be gone.  I haven't pinned it down as a bug because maybe I just used it all and forgot, but it leave me wondering if the game maybe loses track of goods if there are too many of them on one tile.

:(  I like my storage scheme though.  I guess that explains why it seems reduce lag I guess, but this isn't how I wanted it to happen.  My thinking was I was making it easier for the game by consolidating all of the stacks, which means the game would have to perform fewer thermal calculations.  I guess that means I need a massive storage room again.  I will miss my 4 tile storage room but I miss my copper more.

So if there is 200,000 kg of debris on a tile, it will change the mass?  Even if the items are of different types?  I noticed that the stack sizes were capped to 20,000kg

Archived