Save game location [chrome] & general savegame philosophy

Will all us loyal pre-purchasers get a stand-alone PC Version too, or will we have to re-buy, if Steam/Chrome isn't working/we don't like either? I'm guessing we won't, which isn't a problem for me, I love Steam, but I'm thinking of others here.

Wondering about this myself. I've bought the Steam version and would like to also play (on a different PC) in Chrome. But I have to buy another version of the game to do this. Having to also buy a PC version of the game to play outside of Steam would make THREE purchases of the game.Minecraft, by contrast, has a login server, so you can play anywhere, any time with your single purchased key, but I guess with Don't Starve, it's considered a different game platform for each version, so you're stuck buying several versions of the game.

Wondering about this myself. I've bought the Steam version and would like to also play (on a different PC) in Chrome. But I have to buy another version of the game to do this. Having to also buy a PC version of the game to play outside of Steam would make THREE purchases of the game.Minecraft, by contrast, has a login server, so you can play anywhere, any time with your single purchased key, but I guess with Don't Starve, it's considered a different game platform for each version, so you're stuck buying several versions of the game.

We need to suggest some kind of login system to Kevin. Then we can all play wherever, whenever.