Why the lack of PVP features?

On 12/16/2017 at 10:36 PM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Nothing about these moments seem boring to me.

If you enjoy it, swell, but it looks hideously boring and unfun to me.

On 12/17/2017 at 8:11 AM, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Guys wins a 3 vs. 1 battle. The other team were some of the best characters, Wigfrid and Wickerbottom, and had some of the best items, Fire Staff  and Pan Flute...AND HE STILL WON.

This isn't proof of anything and can just as easily be turned about to support the idea that it's unbalanced and not skill-related. That Weather Pain of his seriously trashed his competition when he finally got around to using it. Between that and overcharge (lol@Wickerbottom deciding to toss him a full heal and a 50% speed increase) it didn't really look to me like those players had a chance.

Honestly, this video does a fantastic job of showcasing some of the worst parts of PvP and why it's largely fallen by the wayside. Hit stun is absurd, the game of chase is honestly ridiculous, the pan flute is insane... hell, you've even got Wickerbottom cheating in it by logging out and back in to get around the sleep vulnerability. If there's an argument to be made that this kind of play is worth supporting, you might want to do it with a better example.

Archived