Don't ask to save nothing

This is a very tiny thing, but would be very nice.

If the game has not been unpaused since the last save, don't ask if we want to quit. As it is, since the warning "do you want to quit, you'll lose unsaved progress?" is always presented, we're trained by muscle memory to click "yes".

If you only present the warning when there are actually unsaved changes, then we'll be genuinely warned and may choose to click cancel and save the game first.

How would the game check for unsaved progress? If the game even progressed 1 millisecond after saving before you paused (autosaveing and then manual pause) something surely would have changed. So I think the only situation this works is when you paused, manually save and then forgot to quit or resume and then decided to quit. If this is the only situation you care about then the check would be super simple by just checking if the game is paused and then if you saved it stores that until you unpause so if you try to save again it will know.

I would like to have two option for exit: "Save&Exit" and "Exit".

First would save and exit the game without warnings. Second one would be normal with the warning.

Game would also check if game was resumed (not only exit from menu) after last save and if not then exit without warning.

On 12/3/2017 at 10:27 PM, AlexRou said:

How would the game check for unsaved progress? If the game even progressed 1 millisecond after saving before you paused (autosaveing and then manual pause) something surely would have changed.

The game is paused while you are on the menu screen. The typical "exit" is: Escape to open Menu, click Save, click Exit, click to confirm. If you "Open menu, click Save, exit menu, open menu, click Exit", you'll also need to confirm. But I don't think most people close the menu between save and exit.

Archived