Please help! Friend can't join my game, keeps getting error

@shePenguin Moved this over to Mods and Tools, since this really doesn't fit the general discussion subforum. For future reference with regards to crash errors, report them to the appropriate Bug Tracker in this case Klei Bug Tracker: DST, if the crash/issue doesn't occur with mods.

My guess is that the mods "Extra Equip Slots" and "45 inventory Slots" are conflicting, since the 45 inventory slot mod creator has specifically said to not use their mod with other mods that modifies your inventory. So try disabling either of them and see if it works for your friend.

@shePenguin can you attach the server_log.txt file found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\Cluster_#\Master (where # corresponds to the slot number of the server you are playing on from the Host Game screen.). Since you are the host, that log file may help determine errors generated by mods when your friend tries to connect to your hosted-server but gets crashed.

Also a copy of your friends client_log.txt file found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\. Get copies, and drag drop the files into the text box when you make a new reply to auto attach them. 

This is really going to take a while to figure out since, you have a lot of mods active and any one of them could be the cause. In the mean time, make sure all the mods' workshop pages do no have any user comments about crashing like your friend gets. If you find any, disable that specific mod and see if you friend can connect then.

Playing with this many mods is always going to be cumbersome if conflict arises so, please be patient. Also if it's too much of a hassle, I suggest cutting down on the mods and just stick with the ones that you really want to have on the server.

A server_log.txt file wasn't found in my Cluster_#/Master folders... But here is his client_log.txt

I am checking comments on the Workshop pages now.

Some are just more characters, but I know, I'm a serial modder and I must be stopped! :dread: I just love them all so much! :cupcake:

Here is a list of the "Server Mods" that I have/that are Enabled.

Spoiler

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

Here is a list of the "Client Mods" that I have/that are Enabled.

Spoiler

Client1.png

Client2.png

If there is another picture at the bottom of my previous post with the mod "[DST]Musha" at the top of the list, please ignore it, as it is a duplicate of the first picture at the top of the post and it won't delete when I try to edit the comment.

Edited by Zillvr

I hope you don't mind, but I'll edit it for you. Also, just check your friends log and it seems to be incomplete. Can you guys recreate the crash, and then get the client_log.txt file right after it crashes. 

(That's hella lot of mods... lol. This'll take a very long while if I can even figure it out.)

@shePenguin based on their logs, it seems like your friend game gets stuck on a loop and crashes because of it. Actually, that is a good idea, tell them to try and host the server instead and see if they can run the server with all the same mods active. There's no easy way of moving worlds, so they'll have to start up a new one and see if they'd even be able to host a server with those mods. If they are able to host, try and join them on your side to see whether any issues appear.

ERROR: Mod component actions are out of sync for mod workshop-726432903. This is likely a result of your mod's calls to AddComponentAction not happening on both the server and the client.    
[00:02:08]:     K:     workshop-726432903     V:     table: 7CF87B50    
[00:02:08]: self.modactioncomponents is

[00:02:08]:     K:     workshop-925172054     V:     table: 0F130D08    
[00:02:08]:         K:     INVENTORY     V:     table: 0F130EE8    
[00:02:08]:             K:     tokeable     V:     function: 38557190    
[00:02:08]: MOD_COMPONENT_ACTIONS is

[00:02:08]: [string "scripts/componentactions.lua"]:1182: attempt to index a nil value
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
scripts/componentactions.lua:1182 in (method) CollectActions (Lua) <1168-1194>
   self (valid:true) =
      GUID = 100860
      Transform = Transform (7D4B13E8)
      inlimbo = false
      actionreplica = table: 7D315C10
      event_listening = table: 7D315F30
      actioncomponents = table: 7CFF6EC8
      lower_components_shadow = table: 7D315738
      entity = Entity (7CC431F8)
      AnimState = AnimState (7D4B1448)
      prefab = backpack
      Network = Network (7D4B12A8)
      persists = true
      MiniMapEntity = MiniMapEntity (7D4B12E8)
      event_listeners = table: 7D315A80
      modactioncomponents = table: 7CFF7210
      name = Backpack
      spawntime = 0.46666669100523
      foleysound = dontstarve/movement/foley/backpack
      replica = table: 7D315760
      Physics = Physics (7D4B1508)
      components = table: 7D315878
      SoundEmitter = SoundEmitter (7D4B14C8)
   actiontype = SCENE
   arg = nil
   t = table: 268F4FD8
   modname = workshop-726432903
   cmplist = table: 7CF87B50
scripts/components/playeractionpicker.lua:97 in (method) GetSceneActions (Lua) <94-119>
   self =
      actionfilterstack = table: 7C7A1FA8
      inst = 100073 - wilson (valid:true)
      containers = table: 7C7A1D00
      actionfilter = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:539
      map = Map (5D071B90)
   useitem = 100860 - backpack (valid:true)
   right = nil
   actions = table: 7CF88C80
scripts/components/playeractionpicker.lua:215 in (method) GetLeftClickActions (Lua) <176-234>
   self =
      actionfilterstack = table: 7C7A1FA8
      inst = 100073 - wilson (valid:true)
      containers = table: 7C7A1D00
      actionfilter = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:539
      map = Map (5D071B90)
   position = (-441.16, 0.00, -93.11)
   target = 100860 - backpack (valid:true)
   actions = nil
   useitem = nil
   equipitem = nil
   ispassable = true
scripts/components/playercontroller.lua:2994 in (method) GetSceneItemControllerAction (Lua) <2989-3009>
   self =
      ondetachclassified = function - scripts/components/playercontroller.lua:144

4 hours ago, shePenguin said:

Is there any way to have him host the server? Because I don't recieve any errors as a host, but he gets booted immediately.

Hm, okay. Is it possible to copy an existing world, that way it generates the same exact way? I really like the way this world looks.

Also, I may have found something in the client_log from my friends computer. "ERROR: Mod component actions are out of sync for mod workshop-726432903. This is likely a result of your mod's calls to AddComponentAction not happening on both the server and the client.    
[00:02:08]:     K:     workshop-726432903     V:     table: 7CF87B50    
[00:02:08]: self.modactioncomponents is

[00:02:08]:     K:     workshop-925172054     V:     table: 0F130D08" appears right above the crash error we're always seeing.

client_log.txt2.txt

This is what I seen in the command screen when he lagged out. This is on a new world btw, with only 11 mods active now, compared to the 38 that I had enabled previously, lol. I activated them slowly rather than all at once, and they all seemed to be compatible, until a certain point... Then we start seeing this crash error consistently. I have tried going back through my list and disabling some again, but it doesn't help! A new random mod from the list fails, and triggers the same error report.

I'm curious though, do you think he has to have the map preset mod "Multi-World DST" as well? He says that it appeared on his list of mods without searching for it in the workshop. But in the client log it seemed as though it was telling him that he needed to enable it on his end. But how would we do that if he's not the host?

DSTcrash1.png

Multi-World DST mod hasn't been updated in four months and the mod creator last replies was way back on Aug, so sadly I highly discourage playing with that mod since the base game has changed quite a handful of times within that time until the mod creator has updated the game to work well with the latest version. You may not be experiencing anything buggy yet on your own but eventually you'd have issues like the many people who have commented on the steam workshop page of that mod. 

To answer you questions:

Is it possible to copy an existing world, that way it generates the same exact way?

I can't recommend a method to move worlds between two players from two separate computers, since that in itself may cause further issues on top of what you guys are already have. I think there is a way, but I have no personal experience of being successful with a world transfer between two separate accounts on separate computers.

Do you think he has to have the map preset mod "Multi-World DST" as well?

Based on the workshop page, it specifically says All_clients_require_mod, which means exactly that. All clients (players who join a server) must have the mod.

...telling him that he needed to enable it on his end. But how would we do that if he's not the host?

I have no experience with this mod, but the way I understand it, your friend only needs to subscribe to the mod too.

@shePenguin sorry for the delay, you did say you made the new world with only 11 mods active but did you keep recreating new worlds each time you activated mods or just sticked to one world until the world worked? if it's the latter, start up a new world with just those 11. And you were the host that time right? Has your friend tried hosting instead yet?

Also, can you share which mods they are specifically and what client-mods you have active when you made them? Also add the mod creators names just in case. I'm going to try and recreate the issue on my end.