Need help fixing Birdcage Drop Feathers

I seem to be unable to get the Birdcage Drop Feathers mod to work on the current version of DST. I was thinking I might open up the mod files myself and try to fix them up into working condition again, but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong here.

Birdcage Mod

When I get a birdcage loaded up and set up with a crow, it reads "failed" a lot in the console, which is a clear indicator that it isn't actually working. At one point I had gotten it to work again and it read "feathers", but now even my attempts to fix it have gone back to "failed".

It's been exactly a year since the mod got updated in any way at all, so i'm presuming that mod developers stopped caring altogether. I could use some help getting this to work.

My attempts to fix things that didn't work out: modmain.lua

I could be wrong, but is it possible it's because these lines ?

FEATHER_DROP_TIME = (feather_drop_time_multiplier[GetModConfigData("Feather Drop Time")]
				  or feather_drop_time_multiplier.default) * GLOBAL.TUNING.TOTAL_DAY_TIME
FEATHER_DROP_TIME = 1

Like the second one erasing the first one and making it a lot too fast ?

There is just one typo :

SEEDS_AMOUNT_LOWER, SEEDS_AMOUNT_UPPER = GLOBAL.unpack(num_named_seeds[GetModConfigData("Amount Of Named Seeds")]
													or num_named_seed.default)

Should be :

SEEDS_AMOUNT_LOWER, SEEDS_AMOUNT_UPPER = GLOBAL.unpack(num_named_seeds[GetModConfigData("Amount Of Named Seeds")]
													or num_named_seeds.default)

Otherwise the mod seems to work fine, thanks.

On looking at birdcage.lua again to add Silentdarkness's request of a config option to disable birdcage bird starvation, I noticed that when a bird starves it actually removes the occupiable component and then adds it again later. This would actually break the patching of occupiable that both versions of this mod do, so I updated it to patch it again when the component is added back. And added the toggle for spoilage...

https://hastebin.com/yigehibozi.lua

I didn't have time to test it, though. And obviously it needs the modinfo config entry added to match the call at the top.

On 30/11/2017 at 11:27 PM, rezecib said:

On looking at birdcage.lua again to add Silentdarkness's request of a config option to disable birdcage bird starvation, I noticed that when a bird starves it actually removes the occupiable component and then adds it again later. This would actually break the patching of occupiable that both versions of this mod do, so I updated it to patch it again when the component is added back. And added the toggle for spoilage...

https://hastebin.com/yigehibozi.lua

I didn't have time to test it, though. And obviously it needs the modinfo config entry added to match the call at the top.

I too am missing this mod... is there any chance of posting an updated version in the steam workshop? I followed the hastebin links above but just got a black console-like screen.

Oh, nevermind. I found it. ;)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1213054099

Edited by Tekuromoto