geyzer cooling with hydrogen

Hi all.

Finally got the electrolyzer-nullifier setup to work at -175  degrees so it sends really cold O2 to my base. Tried to use the old cooling way with hydrogen in pipes. Set it up with a simple automaton that holds hydrogen in pipe (in geyzer water) for n seconds, and then lets new hydrogen to flow in instead of the heated one.

I noticed that all I get is while hydrogen heats (it takes app. 2-3 minutes to heat from -150 to -30), pipe simply keeps its temperature (almost)

Did anyone else try and succeed with that?

35 minutes ago, rafker said:

Hi all.

Finally got the electrolyzer-nullifier setup to work at -175  degrees so it sends really cold O2 to my base. Tried to use the old cooling way with hydrogen in pipes. Set it up with a simple automaton that holds hydrogen in pipe (in geyzer water) for n seconds, and then lets new hydrogen to flow in instead of the heated one.

I noticed that all I get is while hydrogen heats (it takes app. 2-3 minutes to heat from -150 to -30), pipe simply keeps its temperature (almost)

Did anyone else try and succeed with that?

Pipe material ?

well, in my first try when I was experimenting with debug, surrounding it with hydrogen actually HEATED the crystal. Now both oxygen and hydrogen work fine

5 minutes ago, Layta61 said:

how do you manage to make it -175 degree mine is like -13 Isnt only putting hydrogen is enough ?

UPD. at some point my container with ice finally melted, and after that it started cooling (even if slowly)

12 minutes ago, Layta61 said:

so do we need o2 room for electrolyzer-nullifier not hydrogen right ? or the room should be vacuummed ?

I guess its fine to surround it with both oxygen or hydrogen

1 hour ago, Layta61 said:

how do you manage to make it -175 degree mine is like -13 Isnt only putting hydrogen is enough ?

UPD 2: initially I had both oxygen and hydrogen in the room (with pressure +-3 kg). When oxygen totally went out leaving hydrogen at the 2 kg, the temperature drastically dropped to -60 and never got back to -175 again.

I went a different approach I condense carbon dioxide and pump it into tungsten 'injectors' that I use to regulate cooling and pump vaporised CO2 back into my base (little plastic pumps). Still testing them but after the system struggling to 'equalise' I'm quite please, they're only really held back by that I can't build mechanized door out of tungsten.

I keep an abyssalite room pressurised (10kg) with oxygen to transfer heat from the anti-entropy. I can go as cold as I like but I control the setup to not solidify the C02.

Archived