Powered airlocks and automation signals

First of all, I think that powered airlocks should need power to allow automation signals to operate them. Currently they can be opened and closed by them without requiring any power. This would make sense and also add some kind of cost to having a large number of doors that automatically open at the flick of a switch.
Secondly, I think we should be able to choose the states between which automation signals make the powered airlock alternate. It seems weird that we need to put duplicant checkpoints inside of airlocks such as the one shown on the last stream if we have a door that's supposed to be controllable via signals. So we should be able to choose whether signals make it alternate between being locked and automated, automated and open or locked and open (as it currently is). This would not take away the purpose of the duplicant checkpoint, as it can still be used to make one way gates that are signal controlled which the airlock wouldn't be able to do.

Seconded on the doors, the ability to trigger the doors from auto to lock makes for a lot more interesting interactions where you want the duplicants to think they can pass freely but then perform some sort of action before they leave by locking the doors till it''s done.

23 hours ago, Michi01 said:

First of all, I think that powered airlocks should need power to allow automation signals to operate them. Currently they can be opened and closed by them without requiring any power. This would make sense and also add some kind of cost to having a large number of doors that automatically open at the flick of a switch.
Secondly, I think we should be able to choose the states between which automation signals make the powered airlock alternate. It seems weird that we need to put duplicant checkpoints inside of airlocks such as the one shown on the last stream if we have a door that's supposed to be controllable via signals. So we should be able to choose whether signals make it alternate between being locked and automated, automated and open or locked and open (as it currently is). This would not take away the purpose of the duplicant checkpoint, as it can still be used to make one way gates that are signal controlled which the airlock wouldn't be able to do.

Maybe they should consume 10 watts just like valves do? just all the time. Then opening them no longer causes power spikes of 120 watt.

Right now: As far as I have observed. If they are triggered open. Then they consume 120 watts while open. Which is a lot.

Yes please I was disappointed when I found I could only toggle the airlock between fully open and locked. It makes access permissions on the door useless.

Edit: Useless when automated I mean. I have found work arounds using non automated doors next to the automated ones.

Archived