Saving Job Associations.

I'm only about 8~10 hours into Oxygen Not Included, but one addition I'd love to see is the ability to save job selections as user defined templates. Often I'll spend ages meticulously setting the assignments for a large number of duplicants, only to trash those to make everybody focus on a singular task. Resetting them is cumbersome. If I could revert back to a user definable snapshot of those setting, things would run much more smoothly.

If I find myself in this situation, I generally use door permissions to send them in one way until they get something done. This isn't the best way to do it if you have already specified jobs, but it can be useful to a certain degree. I like the idea of having some profiles to save - modality, if you will.

I find one thing to be particularly beneficial is having at least 1 non-constructive duplicant for every 6 or so makes construction projects go much faster - all the same, taking some people off of construction tasks has the same effect. Often you can get a decently strong non constructive body builder type ...it helps significantly.

Now if only the deliverers would be more studious with their tasks - they seem to fall short when tending mushrooms.

Archived