Abigail aggroing on Boarrior interferes with sleep/heals

TheBlob

Hey, been playing a lot of forge and I think it works really well overall, especially for a beta.

There's this one tiny thing I noticed. It's a small issue and we've been able to win matches where we encountered it, but I think it's worth pointing out because it interferes with team cooperation. My teams have found that the best strat for Boarrior is to cast the heal circle directly onto him and then not touch him while he sleeps and we get a chance to heal up. It's an effective strategy, however- Abigail's AI can sometimes target Boarrior and wake him up, when all the players are on the same page with not waking him up.

It's not a huge problem, since, uh, Abby gets killed by the Boarrior pretty quickly and then doesn't do this anymore, but... it might be nice if she was tweaked just a tiny bit. Perhaps she could be programmed to not aggro on bosses unless her associated Wendy is actively attacking them, or perhaps not aggro on enemies that are asleep?

In all other waves Abby is immensely helpful. She's great for when the Boarrior summons the hoard mid-fight. I love having a Wendy on my team and usually encourage people to pick her when they're undecided on who to play- it would just be even better if Abigail didn't wake Boarrior when we're healing, haha.

Just a small issue I wanted to point out. I've been loving the Forge- can't wait for it to go live! 

It looks like you can target opponents with your pets without completing an attack. This has its uses where you can do damage while running, but it also means that you should stop attacking earlier than other characters.

Although with Abigail she does get aggressive when enemies are on top of her. She does stop attacking enemies when they're petrified, so I'm not sure if this sleep scenario has to do with passive targeting as a natural enemy or active targeting with mouse or F.

Archived