[LINUX] My modoverrides.lua file doesn't exist

Hello,

My modoverrides.lua file doesn't exist, is this normal? I created two to be placed in my /Caves and /Master folder but it doesn't load my mods so I'm assuming it's because I manually created the modoverrides.lua file. By the looks of it, it seems as if it's just a text file named modoverrides.lua. 

How do I create a modoverrides.lua file?

Yes, the modoverrides.lua doesn't exist by default, you have to create it/them. (Usually you want the same mod configuration on Master and Caves, so technicially only one file needed.) And you are correct, a .lua file is a normal text file renamed from .txt to .lua. The general format is as followed:

return{
    ["workshop-<mod id1>"] = { enabled = true },
    <add as many more mods as you like>
    ["workshop-<mod idx>"] = { enabled = true }
}

If you'd also add the configurations you have atm. I can check if yours is correct and/or where the issue is. Also Server logs are almost always helpful to see what the server actually does.

Edit: I've also seen quite frequently that people forgot to either put the mods into the server folder manually, or editing the "dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua" to download and update the mods automaticially. Havign seen that you didn't mention that file, I kinda feel like that's what causes your issues here.

8 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Yes, the modoverrides.lua doesn't exist by default, you have to create it/them. (Usually you want the same mod configuration on Master and Caves, so technicially only one file needed.) And you are correct, a .lua file is a normal text file renamed from .txt to .lua. The general format is as followed:

return{
    ["workshop-<mod id1>"] = { enabled = true },
    <add as many more mods as you like>
    ["workshop-<mod idx>"] = { enabled = true }
}

If you'd also add the configurations you have atm. I can check if yours is correct and/or where the issue is. Also Server logs are almost always helpful to see what the server actually does.

Edit: I've also seen quite frequently that people forgot to either put the mods into the server folder manually, or editing the "dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua" to download and update the mods automaticially. Havign seen that you didn't mention that file, I kinda feel like that's what causes your issues here.

Sorry @Daniel86268, I meant to mention this in  my original thread: 

Archived