Difficulty setting for Forge

JohnWatson

forg is too hard it's really unfair ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ):
i think that after learning how to beat the forge consistently, it gets really repetitive since it's just the same waves, same enemies, and same routines

there's really not that much incentive to beat it again especially when all it gives is extra xp, which is lame as there's little reward for winning, sometimes the xp reward doesn't even make you level up

so i think maybe have higher difficulties that are a lot harder to beat but rewards a lot more xp, what's hard here is deciding how difficulty could be increased in an enjoyable way

just increasing the health and damage of the mobs is boring and just increases tedium instead of difficulty
reducing player stats and effectiveness makes the characters kind of too inconsistent
increasing the number of waves will make the game too drawn-out to be enjoyable, the current 20-30 minutes length of an entire match is already quite long

i think the problem causing the repetitiveness is the lack of variety in gear and enemies, there's actually only really few enemy types and items

so maybe higher difficulties would have more enemy types but also more varied gear to keep things fresh, however this would mean that the devs would need to spend a lot of time on assets, animations, coding, etc for more variety

well, this is a beta anyway, idk

Archived