Melee damage needs buff

ChainyTheCloud

The hammer does 20 damage a hit, the same damage as blowdarts only coupled with much higher risk of being hit since DS combat boils down to timing-sensitive kiting. Something many players may not be able to do even that if their connection is less than fantastic. You could say this is offset by higher health pools on some characters, but once those health pools are chipped away, which will happen since melee is high risk normal reward, that offset is lost.

The special attack on it is also mediocre damage when weighed against the very long cooldown. I'm by no means suggesting melee to range damage be at the same ratio as vanilla, because hardly anyone fights with a ranged style in that. Just that it should be a little bit more for the extra risk. If a blowdart does 20, the hammer should at least do 30.

Anyway nice to see some real dedication to keeping this game interesting STILL being updated after all this time. Hope to see some more weapons added to the forge and very much hope that everything is obtainable in the survival world at the end of this road.

I agree, the special attack should have more damage or at least some enemies could be weaker agains them, for example the scorpion ones are defenseless against ranged players, maybe the turtle ones could have less armor against melee weapons? they just need another ability in addition to be a damage sponge.

I enjoyed A LOT this new game mode, quite addictive, I hope there is more content for the release

The difference is melee characters have more health on average then the ranged characters so they can afford to tank; which is why they are melee.

If they buffed melee damage, every body except the healer and or mage could just play as a melee character so they all have high health and high damage. The extra damage received doesn't mean much when the players who are not drawing aggravation aren't going to get attacked regardless of which style they use since they aren't currently under attack, so by using melee they fundamentally are hitting more at the cost of having to stand closer to the enemy who is not actually paying attention to them. And the character already has high base health, and a healer can sustain them anyways.

Archived