The Smart Airlock

The idea is very simple, an airlock that can automatically open/close using switches (atmo, thermo, or hydro). So when specific gas pressure, liquid pressure, or temperature is reached, the airlock will then open/close itself.

For example : it can be used to block the water/steam from the steam geyser, and then release it when it reached specific pressure. (into specific area that we want)

I think it would increase the range of option for making buildings or system designs.

What do you guys think ?

They could add new door, or change the mechanized door work, like popular mod remote door. A switch to a door to control door behaviour

actually we have now is homemade/makeshift airlock. A proper airlock building which block all heat and gas is needed maybe 3x3 or 4x4 big

7 hours ago, Botaxalim said:

They could add new door, or change the mechanized door work, like popular mod remote door. A switch to a door to control door behaviour

actually we have now is homemade/makeshift airlock. A proper airlock building which block all heat and gas is needed maybe 3x3 or 4x4 big

I dunno there is already a mod for that, thanks for letting me know, but yeah I think it should be in the game.

What do you mean by homemade/makeshift airlock ?

46 minutes ago, Yoonizar said:

homemade/makeshift airlock ?

I mean the common airlock we have now is door-airpump-door with a gas filter, or 4 lines of door 2 vertical 2 horizontal

If you see the big picture, that combination building is not the way they build for, from dev perspective

Its just players imaginative enough to be able to build that kind of airlock

I wont call a single door is airlock, airlock should be able deflect heat,germ and gas like most sci fi movie

7 hours ago, Botaxalim said:

I mean the common airlock we have now is door-airpump-door with a gas filter, or 4 lines of door 2 vertical 2 horizontal

If you see the big picture, that combination building is not the way they build for, from dev perspective

Its just players imaginative enough to be able to build that kind of airlock

I wont call a single door is airlock, airlock should be able deflect heat,germ and gas like most sci fi movie

Ah yes the vacuum airlock, and the 4-airlocks-airlock-system lol.

Waterlock is even more imaginative I think xD.

Yeah the airlock itself have some issues, but I dunno if it worked like the dev intended or no, and I dunno if the dev take inspiration from airlock in sci-fi movie.

But what I'm trying to tell is the other function of airlocks, or maybe, some other "door" in the future which is to control the pressure of liquid or gas inside the room and then releasing it outside.

i just wish that the auto airlocks wouldn't open if there was no power instead of acting like a normal airlock that way you could use it with the switches and make the dupes wait.

say make 2 small 2 wide by 4 tall room with airlocks on both sides 1 rooms for bad gas and 1 is for good gas put 2 atmo switches in the bottom and a gas pump on top set 1 switch to activate if above 0g and the other set to activate if below 0g the doors get power if the room is at 0g or a vacuum and the pump gets it if its above 0g 1 rooms pump moves gas to your base that's the room on the side of your base the dupe goes into the next room it should be a vacuum the door closes and he moves out the other side gas comes in and gets pumped back out the bad side then reverse this when he comes back

point being have the doors ether set to a timer before opening ot only when they have power

22 hours ago, kirito324 said:

i just wish that the auto airlocks wouldn't open if there was no power instead of acting like a normal airlock that way you could use it with the switches and make the dupes wait.

say make 2 small 2 wide by 4 tall room with airlocks on both sides 1 rooms for bad gas and 1 is for good gas put 2 atmo switches in the bottom and a gas pump on top set 1 switch to activate if above 0g and the other set to activate if below 0g the doors get power if the room is at 0g or a vacuum and the pump gets it if its above 0g 1 rooms pump moves gas to your base that's the room on the side of your base the dupe goes into the next room it should be a vacuum the door closes and he moves out the other side gas comes in and gets pumped back out the bad side then reverse this when he comes back

point being have the doors ether set to a timer before opening ot only when they have power

Yeah it can also be used for something like that, now people just spam mech airlocks without power because powering it doesn't give you anything anyways

On 10/17/2017 at 3:56 PM, kirito324 said:

You can do this with the Mechanized airlock. The mechanized airlock "security" feature is only enabled if the door is powered. You can change the door's default behaviour to be "dont allow dupes in/out", in this sense the door will always be closed.

If you then set access privileges per dupe, if the door is powered they will be able to go through (because the security feature is active).

It is then a matter of setting an atmo/hydro/termo switch to power the door under your desired conditions.

23 hours ago, PrimeIce said:

You can do this with the Mechanized airlock. The mechanized airlock "security" feature is only enabled if the door is powered. You can change the door's default behaviour to be "dont allow dupes in/out", in this sense the door will always be closed.

If you then set access privileges per dupe, if the door is powered they will be able to go through (because the security feature is active).

It is then a matter of setting an atmo/hydro/termo switch to power the door under your desired conditions.

As if OU all doors have access privileges, not just mechanised doors. The mechanised doors also don't have to be powered for these "access privileges" to work. If i'm not wrong powering the mechanised doors makes no difference

Archived