Background Wall

Hey there, I was just thinking that as we progress our bases, the background wall doesn't look so brown and gross. At a glance I keep thinking I am out of oxygen and it doesn't contrast well with the tan tiles. Maybe if we seal off a room (Tile floor, walls/doors and a ceiling) That the background would also change as well from that tan brown to possibly a tiled wall/ sci fi themed background. It would really bring out the structures we are building and differentiate the "home base" from the "unexplored asteroid" Or as a suggestion, you can have the dupes build whatever background we wanted, and it would count as decor. So in the home base we can make it look sci fi, while in the more industrial areas we can change it to a steampunk background that maybe helps change some other features like heat.

Would be cool if the room mechanic was used here to show what room type is it.

Neutral/generic looking like concrete or brick, bathroom having bathroom tiles, industrial machinery causing the room to get cogs and pipes sticking out of the wall. This would be an immediate hint that something is wrong/right.

Archived