NEW MACHINE IDEAS

Robots are not a bad idea at all, they wont consume oxygen and they could go in and out to very unbreathable areas, but you need to charge them with power.

Machines that are not in the game, but i think we need it:

- Carts, or/and lifts (elevator) for moving multiple and more items at once from A to B. When you have mined everything around your base it could be very usefull for mining very far from your base, or when you make multiple bases.

Crusher: A high-power machine that generates a lot of noise (as per loud sleepers/sneezers). Can make Sand from Sandstone, Snow from Ice, or other yet-to-be-considered transmutations - like cracking certain seeds/crops open...

My prayers are answered by the Rock Granulator! Huzzah! Sadly, there's still no noise, nor an option to smash seeds...

Air Tube Delivery: Request items at a station, have it pulled via air tubes from a storage unit. Side effect: Also transports local gasses. Be wary of deliveries to/from certain biomes.

Bathtub: A more primitive version of the Shower, 2x3 - similar to the Wash Basin. Should only be added if germs are dangerous enough early on to warrant it.

On 10/18/2017 at 8:16 PM, LeadfootSlim said:

Crusher: A high-power machine that generates a lot of noise (as per loud sleepers/sneezers). Can make Sand from Sandstone, Snow from Ice, or other yet-to-be-considered transmutations - like cracking certain seeds/crops open...

Air Tube Delivery: Request items at a station, have it pulled via air tubes from a storage unit. Side effect: Also transports local gasses. Be wary of deliveries to/from certain biomes.

Bathtub: A more primitive version of the Shower, 2x3 - similar to the Wash Basin. Should only be added if germs are dangerous enough early on to warrant it.

Something like this would require a new overlay "Pressurization" to keep track of the pipes, but I love the idea.

On 10/17/2017 at 11:16 AM, N-A-R-I said:

Robots are not a bad idea at all, they wont consume oxygen and they could go in and out to very unbreathable areas, but you need to charge them with power.

Machines that are not in the game, but i think we need it:

- Carts, or/and lifts (elevator) for moving multiple and more items at once from A to B. When you have mined everything around your base it could be very usefull for mining very far from your base, or when you make multiple bases.

Lifts would counteract with the suits, debuff on speed, and would let you reduce disease transfer rate when near a ore scrubber.

Archived