Question about Chlorine and germs

Hi new player as of this week.

I had a few questions about the nature of germs growth with respect to Chlorine. I was thus far successfully mining out a slime Biome by pumping chlorine into it and starting at the top and mining down layer by layer letting the drops and chlorine fall with me. 

I was wondering thou and not able to find anything one the topic.

2 questions, 

1st do germs in polluted oxygen die off faster if the gas is borders/mixed with tiles containing chlorine? 

2nd do germs in polluted water die off faster if it borders chlorine gas?

To the best of my understanding, chlorine gas does not interact with water or solid tiles.  So it won't help those at all as far as I can tell.  With regard to Polluted Oxygen (PO) I also think it does not directly help (because the gasses occupy discreet tiles) However, I think that possibly when gasses move around, they leave part of their germs behind or something, and if the PO is replaced by chlorine, then some of the germs the PO left behind get killed.  So it's kind of indirect.  This is my impression, but I have never tried to scientifically test it.  Honestly your best bet is to just use deodorizers to purify the PO into regular oxygen.  Slimelung does not multiply in pure oxygen (though it will take awhile to die off)

Brummbar7 is correct. Though the mechanism by which germs migrate in gas is not known by me. It would probably take Risu to answer that. They do get displaced in some fashion so that they occupy chlorine tiles which inhibits their growth. Converting or removing the polluted oxygen are ways to limit germ production as they now care about the mass of the tile. If you have an area sealed off you can pump a large potion of the polluted oxygen to either a liquefier or a puft corral. The resulting space which has less polluted oxygen density will be easier to fill with less chlorine or easier to cool with less mass to alter.  If you get the temp down to less than 20c for slimelung it'll kill it even in polluted oxygen.  Approaching 1c it'll achieve 100% die off a cycle even in slime and polluted O2.

Archived