Exosuit and consumption

Carbon Dioxide and the Exosuit  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should become of the carbon dioxide a dupe exhales while wearing the exosuit?

• Just Delete it. Who's going to miss CO2 anyway?
    • Vent it from the suit wherever they may be.
    • Include a gas output to pipe on the exosuit dock (to handle the carbon dioxide).
    • Don't know / Don't care.

5. Balance it later since it's a very small issue. 

When the time comes to balance, i'd say have the exosuit dock dump the carbon dioxide into a pipe. One of the functions of exosuits (at least in real life) is to protect the environment from the user. Like if you have a chlorine room you don't want it accumulate CO2 after the dupes use it for awhile. So the exosuit should handle the CO2 dumping as well. 

While we're on it the suit should also have diaper that stores the dupe's waste. so the dock should have a polluted water outlet too. Astronaut space suits have diapers. 

But i say worry about the other game features first. The suit mass balance seems like a smaller issue at the moment. 

At 2g/s (basic duplicant) it's practically negligible - as is, they only exhale in batches of 10 breaths, or at least that's how it seems in the O2 overlay, so over the course of a potential 75Kg of O2 they produce 1,500 grams of CO2. And that's 750 seconds of breathing - more than a cycle's worth of air.

The abridged version of this would be increased bladder output after using the exosuit - since the 'need to use the bathroom' timer is actually running backwards while they're in the suit. It kind of half way makes sense that they would exude more than the usual amount. This might make things interesting....for people who don't mind the stress levels well enough.

I think they produce 1,700 grams of polluted water when they use the lavatory, just turning the potential 1,500 grams of CO2 into excrement doesn't seem like too far a leap ... - some fixed percent more bladder output after having the bladder meter running backwards is already a prospect.

I know this is gonna be great.  Add a vent. pipe to the dock that removes the co2 that your dupe breathed out while in the suit once it is returned to the dock.

Also have a liquid pipe that takes out all the polluted water (dupe pee) that your dupe did while in the suit.

Then make a special classification of pipe for 'Solid Waste' that your dupe did while in his exo-suit for No. 2.

All this should hook up to the exo-suit dock...

Total realism :)

or we could just not care about the negligible amount of co2 that your dupe put's out while in the suit...

I vote for "WHO CARES!!!"

:)

Archived