Add current door permission system to exosuit checkpoints.

This just seems like the next logical step. Basically cut and paste the current door permission on the checkpoint.

I have mixed use resource areas and generally leave the doors open around the checkpoint. Having go/no go permissions with directionality on the checkpoint itself would allow fine tuning of who goes out with a suit while allowing other dupes to perform tasks in the general area of the checkpoint without having to change permission on all the other doors.

I'm not suggesting that it be a dynamic change to the direction it is installed for, or alter the red/green direction. This would potentially allow circular paths to be made where dupes leave one checkpoint in a suit and then dock back at another. Seems odd, but they could just drop the suit on the floor at the checkpoint if there are no open recharging stations. Suit requests could be made on empty stalls as usual. Or, docking stations could be set up for autonomic delivery. 

Dupes currently also do not go through exosuit checkpoints if there are no suits available. While this is good, it'd be nice if it was possible to disable it instead of having to deconstruct the checkpoint if you want to let a dupe without a suit through. It should also be mentioned somewhere in the UI.
I was planning ahead on my last save and built exosuit docks and a checkpoint for my fertilizer maker room before actually making suits and it took me ages to figure out why my dupes refused to do tasks in that room.

I usually build a 2 tall hallway to bypass the checkpoint and just use permissions on doors to bypass the checkpoint area if I've got a lot of sweeping to do. Its nice have it be a counting  door system, it works quite well. Adding the existing permission system would let me use the arrow system to bring all the dupes back in but not let them back out, or better still, keep them from coming back until they get done with work on that side of the checkpoint, lol.

More often than not I've got loads of work that's going on, mixed skill duplican'ts and I don't want to have to move the checkpoint entirely, just set up a permission system for duplican'ts that are accessing far more unpleasant spaces by specifying which dupes get suits and which ones don't.

I'm already doing it with the doors for bypasses, the arrow call-back is super useful for keeping them going one way and not the other.

Now that they've fixed open door directional permissions, they're stopping twice or three times, etc.

13 hours ago, Michi01 said:

it'd be nice if it was possible to disable it instead of having to deconstruct the checkpoint if you want to let a dupe without a suit through.

I am 99% sure you can just disable the checkpoint like you disable any building. I actually had a setup with a checkpoint on both sides with one side disabled as I repurposed a bank of suits for excavating a different area.

It also seems trivially easy to put a door with permission settings before or after the checkpoint. Either works the same. And more often than not, I want a door just to close off my base to whatever caustic environment that needs an exosuit to work in.

Archived