Custom Werebeaver form

I want to make a character that is able to transform into a large monster like thing, just like Woodie. 

I started off by copy and pasting Woodie's prefab into my character's, ("Willem"), and got to work. The first thing I did was to take out the codes referring to Lucy, as she won't be needed at all for this. I launched the game and tested a lot to see if everything was working as it should be along the way, and it was. The next step was a bit more difficult but I did it, completely removed the "Beaverness" component to becoming a beaver. So now (just for testing purposes), when Willem eats a seed he transforms, and when he eats twigs he transforms back. Great! It works. It's easy, it's awesome.

Problems that have always persisted are

• The beaver mode is actually invisible. Despite having the beaver's anim assets in my mod, and putting them on the asset list, they never appear in game.
  • The colour cubes overlays have always been sort of funky. I get some weird grainy thing while in human form but then beaver-orange-overlay when beaver form.
  • The hoedown music doesn't play, this doesn't matter to me that much, but just unsure why.

So here are the things I am asking for assistance

• Make the beaver appear. I will create custom textures before release, but making the anims work with the default beaver is a non-starter.
  • Make the inventory system work while in beaver mode. I want this to be a mode that makes the character stronger but not disabled. Using inventory and accessing chests might be difficult, the same with picking things off the ground.
  • Custom overlay. Either this or just no overlay would be preferable to what it is now.

As always, any help will be greatly appreciated and I will give credit where credit is due.

Scarecrow.zip

I don't know about the anim bank disappearance issue.

1 hour ago, Cherryzion said:

The colour cubes overlays have always been sort of funky. I get some weird grainy thing while in human form but then beaver-orange-overlay when beaver form.

comment out SetBeaverVision, but then you have to manually set inst.components.playervision:ForceNightVision(true) at night. To get custom overlay modify the 

local BEAVERVISION_COLOURCUBES =
{
    day = "images/colour_cubes/beaver_vision_cc.tex",
    dusk = "images/colour_cubes/beaver_vision_cc.tex",
    night = "images/colour_cubes/beaver_vision_cc.tex",
    full_moon = "images/colour_cubes/beaver_vision_cc.tex",
}

The hoedown music doesn't play, this doesn't matter to me that much, but just unsure why.

You have removed the sound asset, and commented out the SetBeaverMode function where it plays.

Make the inventory system work while in beaver mode. I want this to be a mode that makes the character stronger but not disabled. Using inventory and accessing chests might be difficult, the same with picking things off the ground.

This is a bit more complicated, you have to comment out the HUD lines and the "inst.components.inventory:Close()". You also have to create a new stategraph state in SGwilson the same as "transform_werebeaver", but remove the lines about HUD and inventory in onenter function.

However, I strongly suggest you to rebuild the character from bottom to top, instead of commenting lines in woodie. It will leave quite much leftovers and will be really buggy. The current file keeps crashing in server mode.

2 minutes ago, ptr said:

I strongly suggest you to rebuild the character from bottom to top, instead of commenting lines in woodie.

This would be preferable too, I was just sort of using his code as a baseline, as I would not really know how to go about creating a new "form" from scratch.