So my dupes kept getting food poisoning, so I kept trying to figure out why. It's the micromusher. It won't stay clean. Why won't it? Because dupes keep walking right past the hand washing station when they come into the base or finish using the bathroom. My base has 4 entrances. In the entrances is located the lavatories. Between the lavatories and the inside of the base are handwashing stations. The dupes ignore them regularly. What do I have to do to make them wash their hands? Going to try setting the priority to 9...

Make sure there are as many washers as outhouses + compost. Dupes will go right past the washer if it is being used. Also set high priority on the washers so they'll be filled with water as soon as possible (washers with no clean water will also be ignored)

Because you are feeding your dupes mush bars, they are delivering water (Which can be infected) And dirt (Which can be infected) Make sure there is a wash basin between your colony and everything that produces germs, such as outhouses and compost bins, If you have 3 houses, 2 compost heaps, then you will want 5 basins max, this way there will be no dupes walking past without washing hands because they will only walk past to do one of those 5 things, and you will never have more than 5 dupes walk past it.

Although I have 3 outhouses and 1 Wash basin now, disease isnt what it used to be.

8 hours ago, FistfulOfZen said:

So my dupes kept getting food poisoning, so I kept trying to figure out why. It's the micromusher.

Feed them meallice and put your farm in a CO² pocket (sterile). No reason to store it then. (easy handling)germy.thumb.jpg.2882f2edc96f402293c1f7ea33643f5a.jpg
But i get sometimes doomed by germs too!

1 minute ago, FistfulOfZen said:

Not using mushbars. Using meal lice to make liceloaf. Went 100+ cycles before it became an issue.

When you use water, it has to be clean. Fresh cooled water from the geysir = tasty, but my dupes get raw meal lice only.
Take care, where you store water, make it "dropsafe", not that they pee into it  ^^

farm.jpg

Yeah, I know. my water supply has gotten infected. And since the game doesn't allow players to cook meal lice, you know, because that's how we've known how to kill germs since Pasteur... or to boil water... again, since Pasteur. Meh. I think I've had my fun with it for now. It's just not the game I thought it'd be. At 400+ hours, I've gotten my money's worth for the game, certainly, but I like building, not perpetual crisis management. I'll just wait for the next update to try again.

GG

Archived