Dragonfly

I am going to kill Dragonfly solo, problem is ice never attempted this before so I wanted some feedback. What would be the easiest way to take her down solo (as Maxwell ) I was thinking blow her up while she sleeps since this is usually how I kill giants and other mobs. I would like to hope that her rewards do not burn from the explosion,  is that correct?

Yes I want to blow her up, I read dropping 7 and another pile of 13 close together, light the pike of 7 and she will drop scales. Leave area and repeat will reset to drop more scales, can anyone confirm if this is true who has tried this method?

Hello LadyAzure! I honestly think that 138 Gunpowders to kill Dragonfly is too much tho..

The quickest way to get the additional Scales is to build some Bunnymen Houses/Pig Houses near Dragonfly's biome then bring them in the fight with you. You'll need to do 1250 damages in 5 seconds to stun her : since you're Maxwell, assuming you got a Dark Sword and tanking one hit from Dragonfly, you'll do maybe 500-600 damage during this time. Bunnymen do 40 damage, Pigs 33 and they'll attack 2 times. Bring 10 Pigs with you and you'll have 330x2=660 damage.

Then 2500 damage when she's on the ground to drop the additional scale. You can even leave the fight so she can despawn, then do it again.

BUT If you got a Pan Flute, you can just fight her. With Maxwell you can bring 5 Pig Helmets and 5 Log Suits, a Ham Bat and some healing ressources, for example 10 Pierogis.

Spoiler

Skip to 8:00 if you wanna see the fight. You'll generally tank the first hit from Dfly, then start your 6 attacks, dodge, and repeat process till she's going away to call her slaves. You would built a little setup before to be safe when the little lavas will come.

The Pan Flute will be helpful to just delete the enraged-phase : when she's transforming just use your Flute. Then you repeat the whole process and after few minutes you'll kill her. This is not the quickest way, but killing her this way as Maxwell is pretty nice if you never done it before!

Happy Dragonfight, see ya!

On 05/09/2017 at 11:53 AM, LadyAzure said:

Yes I want to blow her up, I read dropping 7 and another pile of 13 close together, light the pike of 7 and she will drop scales. Leave area and repeat will reset to drop more scales, can anyone confirm if this is true who has tried this method?

That does not work anymore :(, was 'fixed' in A New Reign.

I killed one D-fly with gunpowder, but I always find kiting never works. I see people do it on YouTube and such but she always hits me. I figure it is a ping issue as I am proficient with kiting (yes with cane/ roads too), and there is  a massive difference between kiting timing with RoG compared to DST.

Maybe I need friends lulz

- B

On 10/25/2017 at 1:58 AM, BlisteredSCAB said:

That does not work anymore :(, was 'fixed' in A New Reign.

I killed one D-fly with gunpowder, but I always find kiting never works. I see people do it on YouTube and such but she always hits me. I figure it is a ping issue as I am proficient with kiting (yes with cane/ roads too), and there is  a massive difference between kiting timing with RoG compared to DST.

Maybe I need friends lulz

- B

I hear ya, haha me too.

Archived