Is this lag or something else?

This is kind of new for me, and I would like to know if this is caused by lag or something else, and if anyone is experiencing something similar.

Basically, at cycle 500+, I'm still mass spamming mealwood (though I've started building my farm areas, but haven't done the tuneups or planted the plants) for food, but for some reason, I started noticing that I was running out of food, and it took me a while to find out what's going on.

Long story short, while I'm not feeling actual "lag" yet in this current map, my mass mealwood farm will basically freeze at 100% harvest unless I move my screen to or close to the farming area.  Then and only then will my mealwood plants turn into "ready for harvest" mode and the dupes would start harvesting.  There are even plants where I have to mouse over it to turn into "ready for harvest" mode.

So, is this caused by lag?  Or something unrelated?  Like I said, I haven't experienced what I used to see in the 1k+ cycle maps in the previous versions, and yet, this is happening to me.

19 minutes ago, Risu said:

The state machine just randomly needs an update forced by clicking it.

Was this an issue that existed before?  Or is it something new that's just coming into play in OU?  I was just a bit freaked out since this is the first time I've encountered it, though, obviously, I've never grown that many mealwood on my old map... lol...

3 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

Was this an issue that existed before?  Or is it something new that's just coming into play in OU?  I was just a bit freaked out since this is the first time I've encountered it, though, obviously, I've never grown that many mealwood on my old map... lol...

Yeah it's been around awhile. Used to happen with the air scrubber too.

Archived