Disease Update

Hey Klei,

Been holding off playing until this update, and I must say I am quite impressed. Started a game and died within 24 cycles to slime lung. Got creative with my containment and purification systems and played another round getting past 150 cycles easily. Looking on the forums I noticed a lot of complaints about the mechanics. Truthfully I felt things were too easy to bother with before, but now the game is starting to get some nice challenges. Most people who wouldn't complain aren't going to go to the forums, they are going to be playing the game, so take the critiques you get with that advice in mind. I cant wait until more diseases are added with more conditions related to their growth and death. I just wish the food mechanics weren't dumbed down. Having the extra challenge of getting your sleet wheat at the target temp while also irrigating and fertilizing to get the extra yields was oddly satisfying. This new system is ... underwhelming.

Keep up the good work, the update is solid no matter what the haters say.

-BlueV

Archived