Deconstruct Tool

Hey guys,

I bought the game yesterday and I'm already hooked up!

Just small suggestion: While I use the deconstruct tool, there's no way to "see" through walls. for example, If I only want to deconstruct my Gas Pipes, I can't see their grid.

It would be awesome if you can switch views while doing this action.

5 hours ago, Sanshi85 said:

Hey guys,

I bought the game yesterday and I'm already hooked up!

Just small suggestion: While I use the deconstruct tool, there's no way to "see" through walls. for example, If I only want to deconstruct my Gas Pipes, I can't see their grid.

It would be awesome if you can switch views while doing this action.

You can use the deconstruct tool while in an overlay. I just checked. You can also use the filters at the bottom right, so that, for example, you can see your Gas Pipes and also your deconstruct orders only affect them.

58 minutes ago, deathskill said:

I think, it would be much useful if proper overlay switch on automatically. For example, you pick  pipe deconstruction tool and games shows you all pipes. 

I see the basic appeal, but I don't think I agree, because it can be hard to see what the overlay doesn't emphasize while in the overlay. I might be identifying a liquid pipe not as "the liquid pipe in that tile" but "the liquid pipe next to the showers". So it can be helpful to be able to see something in another layer instead, for frame of reference.

2 hours ago, deathskill said:

I think, it would be much useful if proper overlay switch on automatically. For example, you pick  pipe deconstruction tool and games shows you all pipes. 

1 hour ago, Ciderblock said:

I see the basic appeal, but I don't think I agree, because it can be hard to see what the overlay doesn't emphasize while in the overlay. I might be identifying a liquid pipe not as "the liquid pipe in that tile" but "the liquid pipe next to the showers". So it can be helpful to be able to see something in another layer instead, for frame of reference.

Often when I want to deconstruct pipes/wires I first click on the deconstruction tool, only to realize that is the wrong order and I just wasted a click. Then I can either click the radio button on pipes/wires and try to guess where the wires are that I have to deconstruct, or I can click the correct overlay, lose the deconstruction tool and have to click it again. And try to remember to click the overlay next time before clicking the deconstruction tool, but if it was easy to get used to it would be habit by now. I think this part of the UI definitely needs improving.

Either making the radio buttons toggle the correct overlay, or not losing the deconstruction tool when switching overlays would satisfy me. Preferably the latter as that can be sped up with the overlay keybinds.

46 minutes ago, Sevio said:

Often when I want to deconstruct pipes/wires I first click on the deconstruction tool, only to realize that is the wrong order and I just wasted a click. Then I can either click the radio button on pipes/wires and try to guess where the wires are that I have to deconstruct, or I can click the correct overlay, lose the deconstruction tool and have to click it again. And try to remember to click the overlay next time before clicking the deconstruction tool, but if it was easy to get used to it would be habit by now. I think this part of the UI definitely needs improving.

Either making the radio buttons toggle the correct overlay, or not losing the deconstruction tool when switching overlays would satisfy me. Preferably the latter as that can be sped up with the overlay keybinds.

The latter sounds much better to me (somehow I hadn't noticed this issue, though).

On 27.8.2017 at 8:22 PM, deathskill said:

Exactly! :) thank you, and yes.. I also just figured it out, and the gas pipes overlay...

But an Automatically switch would be so helpful and save me unnecessary clicks

Archived