Mushroom effects - Character MOD coding help!

Hi! I started my first character mod and everything is going fine until I have to make 2 custom abilities! I'm bad with coding so I search threads or existing mods to help me with codes, but I can't seem to find anything up to date for what I look for.

My character would have:

1- Sanity unaffected by ghosts

2- Boosting effects from mushrooms / or no bad effects from mushrooms.

Now, I wanted to start with the mushroom one, and found an old topic with someone trying to achieve the same thing:
link: 

This is two years old and even though I have been inspiring myself from the codes there, nothing seems to work for Don't Starve Together. I do have the feeling that this Alice character never came to an end or made this ability work, but as time passed I was wondering if anyone had an idea about this in the present? c:

I attached the coding that was started back then, to this thread, for reference! 

Thank you to anyone willing to help! ~

fungusfanatic.lua

The best place to start is to look at hte actual components that you are trying to affect (here sanity.lua and eater.lua), try to identify which functions inside this components are performing the tasks you want to modify and try to get the logic behind it. Then you are ready to try to alter them.

31 minutes ago, ZupaleX said:

The best place to start is to look at hte actual components that you are trying to affect (here sanity.lua and eater.lua), try to identify which functions inside this components are performing the tasks you want to modify and try to get the logic behind it. Then you are ready to try to alter them.

Alright, thanks! I'll start checking into that, I actually was not sure where to start off without that lead. I'd say I'm pretty good so far, but it is necessary to ask coding help for me ;_;  I'd help anyone with art if any pro coder need it ;)  Can I come back to you if I have a question after checking all that out?

After checking out these scripts and making sense out of them, try to do something that you think would make sense as well. Then if it doesn't work, come back here and post your attempt with the difficulties you are encountering.

If you find yourself not able to even puzzle out what's happening in these codes, don't hesitate to ask specific question as well.

22 hours ago, ZupaleX said:

After checking out these scripts and making sense out of them, try to do something that you think would make sense as well. Then if it doesn't work, come back here and post your attempt with the difficulties you are encountering.

If you find yourself not able to even puzzle out what's happening in these codes, don't hesitate to ask specific question as well.

I succeeded in having no negative effects from the mushrooms! Though, I worked all day on trying to make the effects work to no avail. The game crashes after choosing the character and sends the error: "variation nillocal is not declared."

I know this is VERY messy, as it is the first time I try to code anything, but if anything seems to be broken, I'd really love to know:

*edit*
Deleted the picture I took of my code

Edited by Kiibie

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

There is an option to copy/paste code, it will be easier to read. It's the <> option. Also, copying the error could help too :)

Ah! Thanks, I'll do that here! Sorry!

-- Mushroom boosts 
local speed_task = nillocal 
strength_task = nillocal 
mushroomfns = {}
mushroomfns.blue_cap_cooked = function(eater)	
	if eater.wormlight then        
	eater.wormlight.components.spell.lifetime = 0        
	eater.wormlight.components.spell:ResumeSpell()    
	     else        
	     local light = SpawnPrefab("wormlight_light")        
	     light.components.spell:SetTarget(eater)        
	         if not light.components.spell.target then            
	         light:Remove()        
	         end        
	     light.components.spell:StartSpell()    
	end
end

mushroomfns.green_cap_cooked = function(eater)	
	local key = "alice speedy mushroom"	eater.components.locomotor:SetExternalSpeedMultiplier(eater, key, 1.5) 
	     if speed_task then 
	     speed_task:Cancel() 
	     end	
	speed_task = eater:DoTaskInTime(30, function() 	
	eater.components.locomotor:RemoveExternalSpeedMultiplier(eater, key)        
	     speed_task = nil	
	     end)
	end

mushroomfns.red_cap_cooked = function(eater)	
	eater.components.combat.damagemultiplier = 1.5 
	     if strength_task then strength_task:Cancel() 
	     end	
	strength_task = eater:DoTaskInTime(30, function() 		
	eater.components.combat.damagemultiplier = 1        
	     strength_task = nil
	     end) 
	end 
	local oldoneat = inst.components.eater.oneatfn 
	inst.components.eater.oneatfn = function(inst, food) 
	     if oldoneat then 
	     oldoneat(inst, food) 
	     end 
	local oneaten = mushroomfns[food.prefab] 
	     if oneaten then 
	     oneaten(inst) 
	     end 
	end

And the error file is attached below!

client_log.txt

Edited by Kiibie

10 hours ago, ZupaleX said:

What is nillocal??

OHH. Omg I'm a potato. The fact that you have no idea what nillocal is, made me realize that it simply was that NIL and LOCAL were into one word while it should've been on two different lines. Has I fixed that, the effects work!!!

Now that I tried the effects, I see that like the older post I linked, the cooldown for the blue mushroom is attributed to the Glowberry, which is 90 seconds. I wonder how I can make this shorter, like 10 sec?

I don't know how to proceed to code a timer, or effective cooldown... If anyone has advice, hints or ideas about this, I'm all ears! :'D 

Edited by Kiibie

AH! After spending all day trying to change the darn duration for the glow, I succeeded!! All I want to do left is to make my character speak when eating the mushrooms. I guess we can end the thread now, as I succeeded the effects!

Thanks @ZupaleX for offering your help~ ;v;/

Edited by Kiibie