how can I clean polluted oxygen without using sand?

As for the CO2 buildup, that is still a mystery to me. I've never used debug mode (not even sure how to) so it wasn't that. After the room was sealed this CO2 buildup continued until the system was completely blocked up. I wouldn't build one of these again because they are painfully slow. The one single Puft I was lucky to have, did a good job at eating the polluted oxygen. Looking forward to the Outbreak update and all the new possibilities! I really like how there is a water cooler now.

After many play through and testing,  I found the best method is to gather up the  Pufts into a room,  and funnel all the polluted oxygen there.  This is by far the most effective.   And also reduces power consumption.  You don't have to design some complicated system or bubbler.

You only have to maintain the temperature in that room for the Pufts.   Best way to do this is just have the room be filled with a few Batteries.  They heat up. Instead of using a space heater (no reason to burn power to create heath), you can use batteries to store power that generates heat. If it gets too hot just disable a few batteries.

When you have oxygen, just funnel some oxygen out.   I found the idea of trapping a puft in a door cage  to keep it stationary also helps.  

Archived