How long do certain diseases last?

I've had a duplicant with heatstroke now for around 10 cycles and he doesn't look like he's getting better any time soon. He's naturally robust, which might explain why he didn't die when he accidentally got a ton of molten tungsten poured on him, but I'm starting to think his sickness might be bugged because the game doesn't list it under his stats but he still insists that he's sick. His health is at 100% but he keeps hopping on and off his medical cot and eating tons of placebo pills.

You can actually check the duration of diseases/conditions in-game while looking at a dupe's stats screen.

Hover over the problem and it should tell you how long is left until it goes away. I had a similar issue with hypothermia, it wouldn't go away because that dupe was slightly warming up while resting, then freezing again because they spent most of their time in a cold biome. They weren't reaching a comfortable temperature even with a few cycles to rest and recover. You can assign any dupes with heatstroke or hypothermia to a medical bed or rejuvenator, they'll rest there until it ends. Just make sure the area is a comfortable temperature and they should recover faster that way.

It's possible that the robust dupe isn't cooling off enough for heatstroke to go away?

1 hour ago, Zakthefallen said:

You can actually check the duration of diseases/conditions in-game while looking at a dupe's stats screen.

Hover over the problem and it should tell you how long is left until it goes away. I had a similar issue with hypothermia, it wouldn't go away because that dupe was slightly warming up while resting, then freezing again because they spent most of their time in a cold biome. They weren't reaching a comfortable temperature even with a few cycles to rest and recover. You can assign any dupes with heatstroke or hypothermia to a medical bed or rejuvenator, they'll rest there until it ends. Just make sure the area is a comfortable temperature and they should recover faster that way.

It's possible that the robust dupe isn't cooling off enough for heatstroke to go away?

I think I mentioned that I did look at the stats screen and heatstroke wasn't listed? The base is usually around 18c on average so I don't think it's too hot for him to recover

Dupes that suffer from a disease but are fully healed and have nothing to do will also continually hop on and off cots they are assigned to. If you simply unassign them from the cot they will go about their lives normally.

14 minutes ago, RemyG said:

Dupes that suffer from a disease but are fully healed and have nothing to do will also continually hop on and off cots they are assigned to. If you simply unassign them from the cot they will go about their lives normally.

yeah but this guy keeps saying he's sick and also looks sick when he isn't on the cot regardless of whether or not he's stressed

If it doesn't say that there is a disease yet still has the disease emote then you saved and reloaded while a disease was active. It's now a phantom disease and will remain that way until the disease update is released because the devs never bothered to release that bug fix when it was discovered weeks ago.

6 hours ago, Risu said:

If it doesn't say that there is a disease yet still has the disease emote then you saved and reloaded while a disease was active. It's now a phantom disease and will remain that way until the disease update is released because the devs never bothered to release that bug fix when it was discovered weeks ago.

That's kind of what I figured. Thanks

Archived